Question for those with Center Ice

BuffaloFansR_Crazy

Somewhat relevant to this thread, but I was looking on DirecTV last night to set game 1 to record, and I could not find it. Well it showed up on Versus from 9-9:30pm....which obviously is not correct. I did not see the game on MSG either. Anyone know where the game is going to be broadcast on DirecTV?

See other thread .. tonight's games did not show up in the guide until this morning ... don't panic yet.

Keep checking this link if you're a DirecTV subscriber. It's obviously still a work in progress, but they've started adding playoff dates and games on the schedule.

Looking at that, there's so many games not carried across most of the teams (not just us) that it really casts doubt on its accuracy. I'm rolling with this:

IIRC, last year all Rounds 1 and 2 games were on CI except if it was on VS or NBC.

as of right now the games aren't listed on the guide for DirecTV... but i'm 99.9% sure they will be there. If not, a phone call will be made and they will have to deal with an insane customer ;)

I have comcast and none of the games for tonight are showing up in the guide for NHL center ice yet. I figure I'll find out a lot tonight based on whether or not I can get the caps-rangers game

I'm having similar problems in Florida. I have Cox cable. THERE IS NO CENTER ICE CHANNELS AVAILABLE. I'm on the phone with the cable provider right now, they have no answer. Going to get back to me tomorrow when the marketing department gets in. Trying to be calm, but this is crap. False advertising if not available, as the website says first two rounds available.

FOLLOW UP: As Fallen wrote, 2 games are there. It's just labeled wrong (MLB Extra Innings). We'll see what's on tomorrow.

I'm having similar problems in Florida. I have Cox cable. THERE IS NO CENTER ICE CHANNELS AVAILABLE. I'm on the phone with the cable provider right now, they have no answer. Going to get back to me tomorrow when the marketing department gets in. Trying to be calm, but this is crap. False advertising if not available, as the website says first two rounds available.

Question for all of you folks with Center Ice, who saw all of the games come up scheduled (today's games) at some point today... At what time did you see the games come up, and does your cable provider give you an option to program your DVR remotely?

I've got Time Warner in Southern California, and I just had it out with a support guy online over there, over fact that my area "doesn't yet support" remote access to the DVR yet (been asking for it for years, and actually had someone incorrectly tell me "How" to do it, but today couldn't get there, and got the "not in your area yet" story... Argghhh!!). I can get to a (TV) schedule, which shows that tonight Versus is showing Red Wings / Coyotes, and tomorrow will show Boston / Montreal. I do NOT see the Sabres game (or any other game, for that matter) listed on the channels that provide the Center Ice (channels are shared with MLB Baseball stuff, which I have NO interest for, but they took over, and I lost the "NHL Mosaic" and NHL Stats channel after MLB season kicked in, along with Buffalo feed for Sabres games often...).

Trying to get an idea of "how" to be prepared to program (don't have long commute to get home) tomorrow's game.

GO SABRES!!

Are you sure that the game isn't on the MLB channels? Comcast combines the channels. Flip through those channels real quick, regardless of what the guide says is on.

Yeah you're right. It's just never been that way, Cox separates the channels. Thanks for the heads up. Sad that the cable provider didn't know what was going on. That's what I get for trying to discuss hockey in the state of Florida.

The DTV guide now lists the game (and pre-game) on MSG channel 638/638-1 and on Center Ice channel 770.

I confirmed this as well. :thumbsup:

For some reason the Center Ice schedule isn't updated, but who cares...

Does anyone have definitive, concrete knowledge of which of the many MSG channels the game will actually be on (I'm in the Syracuse area)? It is not listed in my program guide on Fios as of Thursday morning and I will be away at the start of the game and need to set up to record. My choices are regular MSG (78), MSG2 (79), or MSG Plus (80). I checked the MSG website (or Sabresareanafterthought.com) and it also did not list the game on its website guide and didn't even list all three channels after I put in my zip code. Please help! I always miss the first game of the playoffs before they get that schedule cemented.

Does anyone have definitive, concrete knowledge of which of the many MSG channels the game will actually be on (I'm in the Syracuse area)? It is not listed in my program guide on Fios as of Thursday morning and I will be away at the start of the game and need to set up to record. My choices are regular MSG (78), MSG2 (79), or MSG Plus (80). I checked the MSG website (or Sabresareanafterthought.com) and it also did not list the game on its website guide and didn't even list all three channels after I put in my zip code. Please help! I always miss the first game of the playoffs before they get that schedule cemented.

In what I hope is an answer to my own question, I did check the MSG website again and they had updated the tv listings for the series. It says that tonight's game is on regular MSG which would be 78 for me. So I'm rolling the dice on that one. According to the schedule, games 1-4 are on regular old MSG.

here is a slightly edited and highly frustrating chat transcript with Comcast...save your time:

(after filling out a form describing my inability to identify the CI channel for the Sabres' game tonight)

analyst MaVerienna has entered room

MaVeriennaGCNV: Thank you for waiting patiently.

MaVeriennaGCNV: Please stay connected.

MaVeriennaGCNV: I am checking this for you.

MaVeriennaGCNV: Or, you can also check the TV listings in Fancast.com

Brian: not listed there either...its on NHL Centre Ice but there are no lisitngs there

MaVeriennaGCNV: I see.

MaVeriennaGCNV: I am still re checking it for you.

MaVeriennaGCNV: Please provide me the channel number.

Brian: I am trying to tell you that no programs are listed; i don't have a channel number. The Center Ice Channels are in the 400s

MaVeriennaGCNV: I have checked as well on my end, Brian, there is no listings for Buffalo at Philadelphia.

MaVeriennaGCNV: And also, to answer your inquiry,

Brian: I know but the game is tonight and it should be on the Center Ice channels...

MaVeriennaGCNV: I would like to set proper expectation, we provided the schedules available in our Fancast TV listings. Which is also provided by the Network.

MaVeriennaGCNV: However, that actually depends on the TV network.

MaVeriennaGCNV: Comcast has no hold as to which episodes the TV networks

MaVeriennaGCNV: Or try this channel:

MaVeriennaGCNV: VERSUS channel.

Brian: I don't understand. I pay for a premium service, Center Ice," to receive games that are not nationally broadcast, like the one I am asking about. Are you telling me that this playoff game is not going to be broadcast? The game is not on VERSUS.

MaVeriennaGCNV: Please do not misunderstand, Brian.

MaVeriennaGCNV: The available listings provided by the Network is shown on the website.

MaVeriennaGCNV: Comcast has no hold as to which episodes the TV networks would post so long as they don't violate the terms and conditions.

Brian: May I chat with someone who understands...we don't seem to be communicating well

MaVeriennaGCNV: I understand you are looking for the game tonight at 4:30PST, a NHL playoff game. And you do not see it on the TV listings as you want to record on your DVR.

MaVeriennaGCNV: My apologies if I dont get it right.

Brian: here is a link to others who are having this same issue...the games appear to be on just not listed. I would like the lisitng for this game.

Brian: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/No-Playoff-Games-for-NHL-Center-Ice/td-p/702509

MaVeriennaGCNV: Thank you for that link. Please give me 2 to 3 minutes while I check on this further Brian

MaVeriennaGCNV: Brian, you may check on the listing through this link: http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

MaVeriennaGCNV: You may try to check it on NBC & Versus channels, since they are the networks that carry this event

Brian: Please transfer me to someone who understands the Center Ice package that I purchased and carry these games.

MaVeriennaGCNV: Brian, this is the information I have gathered:

MaVeriennaGCNV: Thursday, 4/14/11

MaVeriennaGCNV: Away Home Time Montreal Boston 7:00 PM Buffalo Philadelphia 7:30 PM Los Angeles San Jose 10:00 PM

MaVeriennaGCNV: Thu, 4/14/11 19:30 Buffalo Philadelphia GAME13 CSN-P Available in HD on GAMEHD2 23:30, 03:30, 07:30

Brian: ok..what channel may I watch the Buffalo game?

Brian: ok..what channel may I watch the Buffalo game?

MaVeriennaGCNV: Channel GAME 13

MaVeriennaGCNV: Channel GAME 13

MaVeriennaGCNV: This is the information I have gathered from this link:

MaVeriennaGCNV: This is the information I have gathered from this link:

MaVeriennaGCNV: http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

MaVeriennaGCNV: http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

Brian: hm....I do not watch these games through in-demand; I watch them through the center ice package. What 400 channel is the game on?

MaVeriennaGCNV: However, I cannot find the exact channel number on my end.

MaVeriennaGCNV: However, I cannot find the exact channel number on my end.

MaVeriennaGCNV: To get further information, please do call this number

MaVeriennaGCNV: To get further information, please do call this number

MaVeriennaGCNV: This is the NHL customer service.

MaVeriennaGCNV: This is the NHL customer service.

MaVeriennaGCNV: 888 - SPORTS - IN

MaVeriennaGCNV: 888 - SPORTS - IN

Archived