History Will be Made

ThePebble19

I'll never forget about 6-7 years ago standing at a bar next to a table where Ray Bourque was sitting quietly whispering "MAY DAY MAY DAY MAY DAY" over and over. Then again, with the condition I was in at that point, I may not have been whispering at all.

I'll never forget about 6-7 years ago standing at a bar next to a table where Ray Bourque was sitting quietly whispering "MAY DAY MAY DAY MAY DAY" over and over. Then again, with the condition I was in at that point, I may not have been whispering at all.

That's funny. Bourque recently told a story when asked about his strangest encounters. "I was with my wife and 3 kids out having dinner, and we were minding our own business, eating soup out of Norris Trophies, when all of a sudden some guy drinking a Michelob Ultra comes over and whispers to me, "GayLay? GayLay? GayLay?"

I was disgusted he would proposition me in front of my family, so I threw a few hundred on the table and got them out of there.

That's funny. Bourque recently told a story when asked about his strangest encounters. "I was with my wife and 3 kids out having dinner, and we were minding our own business, eating soup out of Norris Trophies, when all of a sudden some guy drinking a Michelob Ultra comes over and whispers to me, "GayLay? GayLay? GayLay?"

I was disgusted he would proposition me in front of my family, so I threw a few hundred on the table and got them out of there.

Thank god that wasn't me. He was drinking beer out of a beanpot.

I don't post much, but that commercial brought me close to a tear. the sabres, much more than the bills, have always been something special in my families life. I remember watching that game with my mom in an apartment I lived in in rochester. she was up visiting and we'd always watch the games. sometimes my friends would come over and mom would cook for us, but when the game was on, she knew every player and never missed a play. I miss her.

Take Care.

That was the greatest day to that point in 11 year old life! I remember not having cable back then, which meant we didn't get the home game broadcasts. I was at my aunt and uncle's house going crazy. I think we had lost to Boston in the first round for the previous 2-3 years. I live in Denver now and I think this one of the moments that has bonded me with Buffalo forever. When I walk up to a stranger in a Sabres jersey here in Denver and give him a high five, I know that we both were watching for this incredible moment.

Same here about the 11 year old part. It had been several years before winning any playoff round and to beat the evil Bruins that way was awesome. Played the Habs real tough the next round but they were too good and won the Cup.

I don't post much, but that commercial brought me close to a tear. the sabres, much more than the bills, have always been something special in my families life. I remember watching that game with my mom in an apartment I lived in in rochester. she was up visiting and we'd always watch the games. sometimes my friends would come over and mom would cook for us, but when the game was on, she knew every player and never missed a play. I miss her.

Take Care.

Thanks for sharing. Sabres/Bills memories and family go together for a lot of us. I remember sitting with my dad up in the orange seats at the Aud after we'd get the tickets using the coupons they used to have on the cardboard Wendt's milk cartons.

Take Care.

:thumbsup:

LaFontaine never gets enough credit for that pass.

Completely agree. Lafontaine really was the last "Special" talent the Sabres have had in the forward ranks. He was incredible, and he was a clutch player who was a game changer. God, do I miss days like that, when a Hero would step up and become everything that this city embodies.

What I wouldn't give for the next LaFontaine to come to arrive in Buffalo.

Archived