[OT] First time to the city

fiftyone

Here's another vote for Bar-Bill and Gabriel's Gate. If you want a decent slice of pizza, go to Zetti's on Elmwood. Fat Bob's doesn't have any traditional Buffalo food, but it's still a great place to eat and a great crowd to get drunk amongst! If you get a chance, go to City Hall and check out the amazing artwork in the lobby and then go up to the observation deck for a beautiful view.

Just my 2 cents...Fat Bob's is not very good. I keep going back to try it once or twice a year and each time it is very underwhelming.

Just my 2 cents...Fat Bob's is not very good. I keep going back to try it once or twice a year and each time it is very underwhelming.

What are you ordering? I like the sloppiest joe, the sweet potato fries are better than any I've had in Nashville, the soups are always good, the cornmeal crabcakes are good, cornmeal shrimp. I do NOT like how the mac n cheese is made with penne. They need to switch to elbows and it will be delicious.

gabes gate wings are awesome, not sure what i rank them as, but are near the top, and are often ignored when thought about buffalo and its wing tradition. duffs is good, but if you are only here for a few hours, stay dt and just go with either gabes gate or anchor bar

pearl street is good before and after the games, alot of sabres fans meet before, after, and during games. also if you have tickets they have a buffet before the game for like 10 bucks. beef on weck, ziti, and wings are generally there

post game, chippawa is ok depending on what kind of bars you like. if you want to see some sabres, post game you can generally find a few at either 67 west or the bucking buffalo. those 2 bars are less like clubs with teenagers and more like big bars with normal people i used to see kaleta in what used to be brinks(which used to have decent wings), i havent been in since it changed. allentown is fun i like gabes gate, just a great local bar and coler bay.

when u are done for the night head to either jims steak out or the old pink they are down the street from eachother

jims- just a sub place, but grab a chicken finger sub, stinger, or steak hoagie. after drinking they are even better.

the old pink- get a steak sandwich. there is a grill behind the bar. they just throw a pieve of steak on teh grill throw it on some bread and hand u a bottle of a1. also a good latenight snack. the place is a bit of a hole in the but its a good place.

thats a quick rundown of whats easy and around to get to

I think everyone who starts these threads should have to apologize. Any of us out of towners who wind up reading it get very hungry with all the food suggestions.

Seriously. I am starving as it is right now and I have to read about Mighty Taco, Duff's, and beef on weck? You guys are frigging brutal. Killing me here.

If we can get off the subject of food for one second, if you have never been to WNY before, you have to set aside some time to see Niagara Falls.

This too. Much as it pains me to say the Canadian side has more to do and the better view. The American side is still OK if you can't cross the border but the view is much better from the Canucks' side.

Last time I went to BFLO I went to a place in Batavia I never ate at when I lived there. I really wish I could remember the name, but it was a pizza/wings joint right on Main St. Looking on Mapquest there is a Main Street Pizza Company in Batavia. That could be it, but I'm not 100% sure. Can't be too many pizza/wings places in Batavia.

At this point, I'd take anything down here. Not only do the wings suck down here, most of the food sucks in general. A couple guys from Rochester opened up a tiny pizza/wings place about 10 minutes from here about a month ago. Unfortunately I can't see them lasting very long, nobody can appreciate it down here. It's all generic now, same food, same distributors........... just different atmosphere.

Last time I went to BFLO I went to a place in Batavia I never ate at when I lived there. I really wish I could remember the name, but it was a pizza/wings joint right on Main St. Looking on Mapquest there is a Main Street Pizza Company in Batavia. That could be it, but I'm not 100% sure. Can't be too many pizza/wings places in Batavia.

You'd be suprised. But Main St. hasn't been open too long so that might be it. Their wings are good. Not Duff's good but the best in the county.

First let me say welcome and thanks for coming to visit us ... I hope the Sabres play well and make the trip a success! That said, it is always nice to take in the original ... the Anchor Bar ... if you get a chance, walking on Elmwood Avenue or in Allentown can be fun as well. Hopefully, you'll see enough to plan a return trip ... maybe for June, when hopefully we'll be deep in the playoffs! Have a great time.

At this point, I'd take anything down here. Not only do the wings suck down here, most of the food sucks in general. A couple guys from Rochester opened up a tiny pizza/wings place about 10 minutes from here about a month ago. Unfortunately I can't see them lasting very long, nobody can appreciate it down here. It's all generic now, same food, same distributors........... just different atmosphere.

jesus i know what you mean. i moved to okc about a 8 months ago and everything is the same food, different atmsopher. and if you want to make something yourself you have to go to walmart to buy it, even then you are lucky to find it. no real butcher or fishcounter. the worst part about it is the food

Not a pizza & wings joint, more of a sports bar that serves both, is TF Brown's. The food there is pretty good and you gotta love a restaurant w/ a bowling alley attached. Usually go there once or twice / year after my kids play in Batavia. It looks like it's been around a while, so I'm quite certain that isn't where you were thinking; but it is a good place to eat.

Archived