Best and or loudest Pro-Buffalo crowd this year

The_Swannie_House

Just curious on whether you guys had an opinion on which out of town arena had the most and loudest pro-Buffalo crowd. Last night was great, hearing the Let's Go Buffalo chant.....btw did anyone else want to jam that dumb horn up someone's "backdoor" as it went off every 5 minutes!!

if you're talking road games, I don't know...though last night was really, really evident through the TV. Whenever Buffalo goes to Phoenix it is too.

As for home games....no doubt it was the two games before the Olympic break vs Philly and Ottawa.

I was listening over the internet, and had just about convinced myself duing the game they were chanting "Let's Go, Wash-ing-ton!" It just couldn't be that loaded with pro Buffalo fans... :rolleyes:

I was listening over the internet, and had just about convinced myself duing the game they were chanting "Let's Go, Wash-ing-ton!" It just couldn't be that loaded with pro Buffalo fans... :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing until I thought to myself...hmmm...Lets go Washington sounds very dumb...props to the "Capital Area Sabres Fans"

DCSabres... it was a fun one wasn't it... walking around the upper level of the MCI Center i saw more sabres jerseys than caps jerseys... it was so strange to see an arena so empty... does anyone know what the attendance was for the game... i am guessing realistically it was about 40% pro-sabres... sounded like a lot more as we were more into the game than the caps fans...

Briere... i saw that number... and i saw that it said the place was 70% full... i will tell you that there was no way the builiding was 50% full... 6000-7000 was my estimate... the bottom bowl was empty... the 200 level was bare... and the 300 level was not close to being filled at all... all of this happened on a night when they were honoring local police and firefighters.

Briere... i saw that number... and i saw that it said the place was 70% full... i will tell you that there was no way the builiding was 50% full... 6000-7000 was my estimate... the bottom bowl was empty... the 200 level was bare... and the 300 level was not close to being filled at all... all of this happened on a night when they were honoring local police and firefighters.

I wasn't there, but this sounds right. Seven years of going to Craps games when I lived in DC gave me enough experience with "crowd inflation" at the MCICenter. Sure, the Sabres do it, too, but it's really flagrant in Washington.

Announced attendance is typically distributed tickets, not turnstile count. So you are very likely both correct.

Archived