Trade/FA ideas-Summer 2011

LGR4GM

Offer sheets are rare no question, and yes we dont have a second but does it have to be this years second if that did happen.

Short answer, yes. The year of the pick is set in stone by the CBA. There is no negotiation. If you don't have that pick available to move then you cannot make the offer.

Didn't stamkos' agent state that talks are going well and anticipates him signing there?

Good article on the affects the upcoming CBA may have on RFA signings this off season:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/17/signing-steve-stamkos-drew-doughty-and-other-2011-free-agents-will-be-a-struggle-with-a-new-cba-looming/

Couldn't find any concrete articles or generally confirmed information on whether the've even started talks in earnest.

Post it if you can find it, would ya, thanks.

I think the only reason any of the posts are even being discussed is because of Blacks (and to the same effect TP)comments regarding how they want to make a splash and that Boyes, while nice was not the guy they were going after. The only thing is if they don't make a big move we might all be very disappointed since we have such high expectations now.

I know this trade/move is probably never going to happen but, Grabovski is an assest that the leafs might be willing to part with and he is a good connolly replacement. Just a thought :D

I want a filter for "I know this trade/move is probably never going to happen but...". :rolleyes:

Archived