Is good Miller back?

LastPommerFan

Last 7 Games:

1.85 GAA

.944 save percentage

Did the one game off and the homestand give Miller a chance to get his act together?

He's had to get it together, the defense is hanging him out to dry atm..Not enough support from the forwards coming back and the defensive pairings have been ordinary of late, the fact we're still picking up points is testament to how he's going atm.

to the original point -- sullivan -- i was reflecting on how since sully dropped an f-bomb on millsie, our silver medalist has a save percentage of .953.

Jerry Sullivan: master sports psychologist.

as i indicated in another thread, i trace his resurgence to the trading of f-bombs with sullivan in front of a bunch of school kids.

I don't know if Good Miller is back but I've seen him add a new move to his WTF repetoire.

It's the Behind-the-Back-Glove-Swipe.

I must have seen him do this at least a dozen times this year alone. He swipes his catching glove behind his back in a blind, last-ditch, desperation effort to keep the puck out of the net, usually a floater in the crease that he's lost sight of.

Generally, he doesn't have a chance and is beaten. A goal is a foregone conclusion. But last night he kept it out with that move. I'll take 1 out of 100 on that low-percentage move but it's disturbing how many times he's resorted to that move this year.

Miller has been a lot better but i think hes only kinda back. Hes been a little lucky but I think hes been playing more aggressive and his positioning has been better since his night off and that that has helped him a lot. Good time to be finding your form though.

My only worry recently has been his glove hand.

He seems to have trouble getting a squeeze.

He's had thumb problems before.

Other than that, I think he's been solid.

His previous thumb issue was on his blocker side. A puck deflected up underneath the blocker and broke the thumb.

Mats Zuccarello(notes) nearly tied it at 3 with just over 6 minutes left when he nudged the puck between Miller’s pads, but not enough to get it over the line before the puck was swept away.

“I got enough of it to trap it, and as it squirted behind I just threw my glove back,” Miller said.

######

edit: apparently, i picked a racial slur (as best i can imagine) as an alternate to "linky." sorry.

Archived