Pegula/Black On WGR

sabres1970

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Loved what Pegula had to say but what Ted Black was saying impressed me tremendously. When he started saying that Buffalo is the new place to be because we have the best owner in the league and all the best players should want to come here. Loved that, Love Pegula but I really, really like Black.

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Loved what Pegula had to say but what Ted Black was saying impressed me tremendously. When he started saying that Buffalo is the new place to be because we have the best owner in the league and all the best players should want to come here. Loved that, Love Pegula but I really, really like Black.

Hope WGR puts it in the audio vault so I can listen when i get home... heard only a part in the car today but Black sounds like hes got alll sorts of ideas and they should open a fan forum for us to give them IDEAS about what to do from the fan perspective.

Hope WGR puts it in the audio vault so I can listen when i get home... heard only a part in the car today but Black sounds like hes got alll sorts of ideas and they should open a fan forum for us to give them IDEAS about what to do from the fan perspective.

+1

I agree. Ever since yesterday this fan base has been awoken out of a three year plus zombie trance. Now that we have this owner why not keep going and make this the best NHL destination. We could be like the Patriots of the football world.

It is there. These guys want to make Buffalo the top place for players to want to be. Scouting department, family treatments etc

Pretty sure its on there now. This interview in particular has gotten me more excited than anything so far.

I like how on WGR Black said he "secretly" went undercover at HSBC during the last Leafs game and sat up in the 316 section to get the fan experience. Also that he bought the tickets from a scalper outside the arena. I am liking this guy a lot already. Sounds like hes trying to attack the situation here from all angles to do the best job possible.

I like how on WGR Black said he "secretly" went undercover at HSBC during the last Leafs game and sat up in the 316 section to get the fan experience. Also that he bought the tickets from a scalper outside the arena. I am liking this guy a lot already. Sounds like hes trying to attack the situation here from all angles to do the best job possible.

I like this, it shows the new management team is trying to be aware of the fan's perspective in their business decisions. I wonder if he was taking notes. I'm sure he heard a lot of fan "opinions" during that turd of a game.

When asked if he was going to sit in the crowd with the fans, his reply was...

"Maybe I'll take some of my goombahs and kick out some of the rowdy Canadian fans."

Houston.....we have transparency!!!!

He also said he didn't like Mark Cuban due to his political views. I haven't looked up what they are. Any clue what they are?

He also said he didn't like Mark Cuban due to his political views. I haven't looked up what they are. Any clue what they are?

He seems a little anti-establishment. Don't know him to be one way or another.

Pegula seems like a genuine guy, but the only thing that has me a little hesitant is what seems to be setting up as patience to a fault. He was getting preachy about how you shouldn't criticize players....it's bad for them..yadda yadda. He also didn't quite know how to take Schopp's nervous playfulness. It seemed like he thought Schopp may have been trying to be a wiseguy with some of his banter, when he was either telling the truth or nervously filling in bits of info to try and show Pegula he understood where he was coming from. It became a bit awkward.

I just got the feeling that if Pegula read this forum and met me in person, his face would go stone, he'd point a finger at me and go..."You're a baaaad man." I like the idea of him here, but it sounds like he really is a fan, first. That is ok as long as the people around him are capable. That Ted Black comes across as a sharp guy who is 5x more personable than his predecessor.

Archived