A Tim Trade Rumor

waldo

ESPN insider has a piece on the Kings interest in acquiring TIM C.

I don't have ESPN Insider but i'm just guessing they are sourcing Bucky Gleason on that rumor....

Dealing with Kings

The Kings are trying to fight through the coming weeks while Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown look for answers before management makes a move. GM Dean Lombardi needs help, particularly on the wing.

Kopitar entered the weekend with an eight-game scoring slump, one goal in 18 games and two in 23 contests. He had only 16 goals after leading the Kings with 34 last season. Brown hadn't scored in 11 games and had just one goal in 17 games. Michal Handzus had three goals since Nov. 22.

One fit for the Kings could be none other than Sabres center Tim Connolly, who's capable of playing either wing and help on the power play. Connolly needs a change in scenery just as much as the Sabres need to change his scenery.

Perhaps the Kings would be interested in unloading a prospect such as Kyle Clifford, a 20-year-old with a thick backbone. The former second-round pick had eight points and 81 penalty minutes in 48 games and was finding his way.

Link- http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/inside-the-nhl/article333326.ece

I don't have ESPN Insider but i'm just guessing they are sourcing Bucky Gleason on that rumor....

Link- http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/inside-the-nhl/article333326.ece

Connolly for Clifford would be about the easiest decision to make ever. Then again, you could say that for a lot of "Connolly for ___________" ideas.

Actually seems like the trade rumor mill (ours at least) is pretty slow this year with only about 2 weeks to the deadline. I would have thought that guy (I forget his name but the one that makes stuff up every year) would be churning them out left and right by now.

Actually seems like the trade rumor mill (ours at least) is pretty slow this year with only about 2 weeks to the deadline. I would have thought that guy (I forget his name but the one that makes stuff up every year) would be churning them out left and right by now.

Eklund? He's been actually pretty busy with Sabres rumors.

Last week he had Connolly, Stafford and Rivet and a pick to Calgary for Tanguay, Glenncross and Regehr.

And most recently, like two days ago, he said Sabres had a lot of interest in Ray Emery.

Some are pointing to information released over last off season about Dustin Brown to Buffalo.

Some are speculating that a package including Connolly and Stafford this deadline gets it done.

Others are speculating it may be an off season trade.

Who knows. I'll wait to actually see a trade happen before commenting.

But I would hope the organization is attempting to move Connolly, Rivet, Grier, Niedermayer and Montador.

That would be a miracle.

On the other hand, 10 years ago Darcy was capable of such things.

I actually think Connolly will sell high. It is those niggly things like offensive zone entries that help him, which some teams have trouble with and that is the only thing Tim has been consistenly good at this year.

That would be a miracle.

On the other hand, 10 years ago Darcy was capable of such things.

Agreed, but, also i think we'd have a better chance to getting Simmonds then Kyle Clifford.

I couldn't even imagine a team of Kassian, Foligno, McCormick, Kaleta and Clifford. Talk about old school hockey and all these guys can play the game. Kassian and Clifford the best of the bunch.

Some are pointing to information released over last off season about Dustin Brown to Buffalo.

Some are speculating that a package including Connolly and Stafford this deadline gets it done.

IMO...Never going to get Brown for this price. He has scored 24+ goals 3 times(including a career high of 33), he is one of the most physical players in the league, is only 26 and is under contract for 3 more years.

Eklund? He's been actually pretty busy with Sabres rumors.

Last week he had Connolly, Stafford and Rivet and a pick to Calgary for Tanguay, Glenncross and Regehr.

And most recently, like two days ago, he said Sabres had a lot of interest in Ray Emery.

I don't read Eklund. But Glenncross is a solid player. I don't think there is much chance they would be intested in Tanguay. I can't see Regehr getting moved while Calgay is in contention for a spot.

I don't know anything about Clifford, but if he is a good prospect, than I'd rather have him instead of a 2nd round pick(which would be useless to the Sabres for 3 years).

A mean SOB who can actually play the game. Hasn't developed the offensive part of his game yet, but he did make the Kings as a 19-year old from training camp....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYunS6qpwE&feature=player_embedded#

Connolly for Clifford would be about the easiest decision to make ever. Then again, you could say that for a lot of "Connolly for ___________" ideas.

Hey! TC is a top twenty center in this league! We should be able to get multiple first round picks and a legit top 6 roster player for him!

I think they can get a 2nd round pick for him. Centers go for inflated prices in Feb.

I think we underestimate his value. As a role player on a strong team, he could be quite useful. See Satan with Boston last year.

Realistically, I think DR should be able to get a low first or a second plus a player or prospect or additional picks.

I think we underestimate his value. As a role player on a strong team, he could be quite useful. See Satan with Boston last year.

Realistically, I think DR should be able to get a low first or a second plus a player or prospect or additional picks.

I'm 100% certain he's going to do awesome for his next team, at least for a while. It's just that he's completely done as a Buffalo Sabre so I'm willing to live with it.

I think they can get a 2nd round pick for him. Centers go for inflated prices in Feb.

I'm not so sure that market is ever as inflated as the defenseman market is (which is why we'll find a taker for Rivet), but he'll definitely have his value later this month.

I'm not so sure that market is ever as inflated as the defenseman market is (which is why we'll find a taker for Rivet), but he'll definitely have his value later this month.

If we trade Rivet, I'll fly back to Buffalo to sew the C on Vanek's jersey that same day. (Will figure out how to sew on the plane ride.)

Agreed, but, also i think we'd have a better chance to getting Simmonds then Kyle Clifford.

I couldn't even imagine a team of Kassian, Foligno, McCormick, Kaleta and Clifford. Talk about old school hockey and all these guys can play the game. Kassian and Clifford the best of the bunch.

i wholeheartedly agree! if that is the direction our team is going, i am all for it! :thumbsup:

Archived