10 Burning Questions About Terry Pegula

PASabreFan

What is the main reason he is buying the Sabres?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main reason he is buying the Sabres?

• Bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo
    • Make money/flip the franchise
    • Build public/political support for "fracking"
    • First step toward buying the Bills
    • Something else

I voted "something else".

I think your first choice, "bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo" is close but not quite accurate. In his case I suspect the motivation is, "to win a Stanley Cup". Buffalo just happens to be a convenient conduit in a locality he is familiar with and enjoys being around. It could just as easily have been Pittsburgh or Philly had those teams been ripe for sale.

I think your first choice, "bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo" is close but not quite accurate. In his case I suspect the motivation is, "to win a Stanley Cup". Buffalo just happens to be a convenient conduit in a locality he is familiar with and enjoys being around. It could just as easily have been Pittsburgh or Philly had those teams been ripe for sale.

Exactly what I was going to say. :clapping:

this

Haha yes, this is exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't find the words.

I mean, if I had $3,000,000,000 I think spending 0.005% of it on an NHL team would be a cool little hobby. (Wish I hadn't done that math now... makes me feel sick to my stomach...)

Haha yes, this is exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't find the words.

I mean, if I had $3,000,000,000 I think spending 0.005% of it on an NHL team would be a cool little hobby. (Wish I hadn't done that math now... makes me feel sick to my stomach...)

Better double-check that math. :nana:

0.005% of 3B is only 150k. I think you meant 5%, or about 1/20th of his net worth.

I also voted "something else."

Because his wife's ex-boyfriend is really into fantasy hockey and he thought this would be far more impressive.

or

He didn't see the value in buying the second controller for the PS3.

What wicked wrister!

His bubble hockey players are starting to stick.

He wanted to show up his neighbor the coach of the local midget club.

He wants to move to New York for the Taxes.

He has political ambitions. i.e. of the gubernatorial variety.

Archived