Lindy's post-game presser

fiftyone

For those of you who heard it, what did you think?

I thought the Connolly part was interesting. He defended Connolly against that reporter, not sure who it was. The most interesting part I thought was the conversation that went something like this:

Reporter: What do you think needs to be done? A change in players? A change in coach? What needs to happen?

Lindy (to reporter): Which of those do you want?

Reporter: It doesn't matter what I want.

Lindy: It doesn't matter what I want either.

That's very loosely what I remember. The point was, do you think Lindy was throwing Darcy under the bus there? Is he saying that he wanted changes in personnel for this season that Darcy didn't come through with? Lindy doesn't really have a history of that kind of stuff, he usually preaches that what the FO has done is going to work. Thoughts?

I thought the Connolly part was interesting. He defended Connolly against that reporter, not sure who it was. The most interesting part I thought was the conversation that went something like this:

Reporter: What do you think needs to be done? A change in players? A change in coach? What needs to happen?

That's very loosely what I remember. The point was, do you think Lindy was throwing Darcy under the bus there? Is he saying that he wanted changes in personnel for this season that Darcy didn't come through with? Lindy doesn't really have a history of that kind of stuff, he usually preaches that what the FO has done is going to work. Thoughts?

That was Bucky he was talking to, if I'm not mistaken. I didn't think about it when I was hearing it, but your perspective on this is interesting. What DID he mean when he said "It doesn't matter what I want, either"?

I think it had less to do with Darcy than with Tiny Tim.

But if Darcy gets the heave-ho -- I am one happy camper

Another point I hated from Ruff is when he said he want's to see this team with Miller and Pominville in the lineup. Was he not awake for the start of the season. It looked exactly the same.

Next time it will be he wants to see Gerbe and Pommers play in the line up.

That was Bucky he was talking to, if I'm not mistaken. I didn't think about it when I was hearing it, but your perspective on this is interesting. What DID he mean when he said "It doesn't matter what I want, either"?

IMO he was throwing one of his fits and being standoffish. It didn't mean a thing except he is frustrated. He is just repeating what the reporter said to him and performing some kind of verbal judo. Nothing new, he is just putting up his own brick wall. :wallbash:

I didn't realize it was Bucky but I guess that makes sense. I quickly realized Lindy was pissed at the guy though. And he got in another question that I didn't catch and Lindy really didn't seem to want to give him the time of day. I really didn't read into it that Darcy was being thrown under the bus. Too bad though.

I think it had less to do with Darcy than with Tiny Tim.

But if Darcy gets the heave-ho -- I am one happy camper

Well his "It doesn't matter what I want either" was a response to the question of what he thought needed to change with the team. The reporter asked if he thought player changes needed to be made, or a coaching change, or something else. I've gotta think he's so frustrated that he finally let it slip that he's not happy with the moves Darcy has made over the years, especially this past off-season.

Well his "It doesn't matter what I want either" was a response to the question of what he thought needed to change with the team. The reporter asked if he thought player changes needed to be made, or a coaching change, or something else. I've gotta think he's so frustrated that he finally let it slip that he's not happy with the moves Darcy has made over the years, especially this past off-season.

It certainly sounded like he was frustrated. That makes me wonder if Lindy knows this is his last season. We haven't heard anything about his contract being renewed or extended. Personally, I'm of the opinion that as long as Larry Quinn is in a position to stick his nose into the team's operations, the fans will be screwed.

i missed most of the game, did we have another installment of Lindy's pranks or Rick's tech know how? Perhaps Harry Neal's denture wash rutine?

You did miss an interesting comment from Harry in the second intermission I think that seemed to startle Robi and make Ray nod in agreement.

Harry said what needs to happen the dressing room is every guy needs to stand up and say what he personally can do to make the team better. And then said if they don't do it someone needs to puch them right in the mouth!

I agreed with Harry 100%

The fans are angry, and are showing frustration. As the boos get louder and the arena gets emptier, the media will feed off of it because it's what it's customers want to read and the questions will get tougher. Ruff handled himself pretty well i thought tonight, as did Vanek and Connolly from what i saw on MSG. In a few weeks, one of these dudes will explode.

Speaking of classic talk, what Harry Neale said during the whip was classic. LOL!

You did miss an interesting comment from Harry in the second intermission I think that seemed to startle Robi and make Ray nod in agreement.

Harry said what needs to happen the dressing room is every guy needs to stand up and say what he personally can do to make the team better. And then said if they don't do it someone needs to puch them right in the mouth!

I agreed with Harry 100%

THIS is why I put up with some of his corny jokes, because he really doesn't pull punches in thise Whip sessions. Love that. Good stuff.

I thought Hamilton's questions were reasonable and fair. But..... I also thought they were questions that you can't really expect Lindy to answer. He's not going to say that the coach needs to be replaced, and he's not going to publicly say that there needs to be player changes. Calling out the GM publicly is probably not a good idea for him right now. He's not going to say something to get himself labeled as a troublemaker for a GM. He saw how that worked for Nolan. And I am sure he is thinking that he may need to look for a new employer soon.

I thought Hamilton's questions were reasonable and fair. But..... I also thought they were questions that you can't really expect Lindy to answer. He's not going to say that the coach needs to be replaced, and he's not going to publicly say that there needs to be player changes. Calling out the GM publicly is probably not a good idea for him right now. He's not going to say something to get himself labeled as a troublemaker for a GM. He saw how that worked for Nolan. And I am sure he is thinking that he may need to look for a new employer soon.

I've defended Lindy for as long as I can remember, but at this point a change is about the best thing that could happen.

Who knows if it would help the team win, but these guys are collecting moss right now. It's the beginning of November and it already looks like they're playing out the string and running for the bus.

Archived