Ellis Waived

wonderbread

this Cody McCormick better be able to hold up the physical end of the bargain for 82 games.

he might be on par with Ellis on defensive abilities, ahead of Ellis on grit and bulk, but still untested on whether he can bring it day in day out for a whole season.

So...that leaves only one move to make, right? If Lalime is fit enough to resume the backup role Enroth goes down and the initial roster is set.

Yeah if 23 is the max number then correct from what we heard Lindy say with keeping 8 dmen.

This time of year early season and what everyone else is doing to finalize their rosters, Ellis should clear waivers and make it to Portland if hasn't already. Now coming back on a recall depending on when that would happen is another story.

strange. i can't find any such report on TSN.ca, and the local paper is silent on the issue this morning as well.

in any event, not a huge deal from a fan's perspective (although it's big for ellis, i'm sure). his one-year was reportedly 2-way, so this was presumably part of the plan.

strange. i can't find any such report on TSN.ca, and the local paper is silent on the issue this morning as well.

in any event, not a huge deal from a fan's perspective (although it's big for ellis, i'm sure). his one-year was reportedly 2-way, so this was presumably part of the plan.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Archived