Gragnani to be resigned?

static70

http://www.msg.com/blogs/bill-hoppe/sabres-cut-forward-kennedy-1.47676

"With Morrisonn, the Sabres have eight defensemen under contract. Regier said he’s still interested in re-signing Marc-Andre Gragnani, a restricted free agent."

If Regier resigns Gragnani, could this be the prelude to a trade coming given the fact that Weber has to clear waivers to move back to Portland?

Thoughts on this?

already done.

one year, two way.

Good deal.

Where does this put the organization with 1 and 2 way deals and the amount of defensemen now in the mix?

I would have to assume, as I posted in the free agency thread, that Regier is setting up a trade with depth defenseman and maybe Stafford? Connolly? for a potential top 6 forward, maybe a RWer or Center?

Thoughts?

Good deal.

Where does this put the organization with 1 and 2 way deals and the amount of defensemen now in the mix?

I would have to assume, as I posted in the free agency thread, that Regier is setting up a trade with depth defenseman and maybe Stafford? Connolly? for a potential top 6 forward, maybe a RWer or Center?

Thoughts?

Connolly isn't going anywhere.

The Buffalo Sabres signed Marc Andre Gragnani to a 1 year, 2 way deal today.

Here is the current Defensive depth of the Sabres,

Rivet

Myers

Leopold

Montador

Morrison

2 of the following for roster position and extra D man:

Sekera, Butler, Weber

Portland:

Gragnani

Brennan

Persson

Schiestel

Crawford

Biega

A trade is coming, 1 to many defense men at the big club level.

Weber and Butler cannot be sent down with out clearing waivers.

Sekera is on a 1 way contract.

1 of the 3 would either have to be traded prior to the season or a serious risk of loosing them in the waiver process. A trade is coming in my opinion with 1 of these 3 Defenseman involved.

The question is, did Darcy Regier sign Morrisonn not only to bolster the current #5 or #6 D position, but did he also do it in anticipation of packaging Stafford or Connolly in a package to bring in an additional player?

Kaberle or a forward perhaps?

Please, please, oh please be right!!!! It makes perfect sense that this is what is going to happen. However, Darcy doesn't always do things that make sense. Also, he would have to be pretty confident that the deal is in place before this signing or he'd be trading out of a position of weakness as all other GM's can see they have too many D. Let's hope something happens because I'm sick of reading speculation on this board and/or ppl who keep whining about the lack of moves.

I think your right, and isn't Kaberle a defencemen? How would a trade for him help clear up the defence having too many guys?

Darcy isn't moving any of the current "dead weight"

Ya, I'm officially off the Kaberle kick, who needs that guy anyways. :thumbsup:

Why not?

Ok well one of the lesser Defensemen could be cut but what about how one of the three on the sabres would have to clear waviers? If true, surely they'll be picked up. Therefore, it'd make more sense to trade one of them and get some value.

Good deal

Thoughts?

My thought is that your posts are schizophrenic on the whole "DR is getting ready to make a big trade/O despair, no trade is coming" dichotomy.

Best of luck to you sirs.

The Buffalo Sabres signed Marc Andre Gragnani to a 1 year, 2 way deal today.

Here is the current Defensive depth of the Sabres,

Rivet

Myers

Leopold

Montador

Morrison

2 of the following for roster position and extra D man:

Sekera, Butler, Weber

Portland:

Gragnani

Brennan

Persson

Schiestel

Crawford

Biega

A trade is coming, 1 to many defense men at the big club level.

Weber and Butler cannot be sent down with out clearing waivers.

Sekera is on a 1 way contract.

1 of the 3 would either have to be traded prior to the season or a serious risk of loosing them in the waiver process. A trade is coming in my opinion with 1 of these 3 Defenseman involved.

The question is, did Darcy Regier sign Morrisonn not only to bolster the current #5 or #6 D position, but did he also do it in anticipation of packaging Stafford or Connolly in a package to bring in an additional player?

Kaberle or a forward perhaps?

Your facts are compelling on whether Butler, Sekera and Weber can be sent down without going through waivers. How confident are you on these facts?

In any event, though, I think any trade will be of the dump-one-for-a-4th-round-pick variety though.

My thought is that your posts are schizophrenic on the whole "DR is getting ready to make a big trade/O despair, no trade is coming" dichotomy.

Best of luck to you sirs.

Your facts are compelling on whether Butler, Sekera and Weber can be sent down without going through waivers. How confident are you on these facts?

In any event, though, I think any trade will be of the dump-one-for-a-4th-round-pick variety though.

I am more than confident, facts are facts. If you check with Capgeek, Sekera, Butler, Weber and Gragnani have to clear waivers.

I don't know, this is Darcy Regier we are talking about here. Let's say he has to use the call ups. What happens when the defensive line up returns to full strength? I mean, I can't see 2 or 3 defensemen in the press box, can you?

I'll look beyond the schizophrenic remark, I must have missed the forum meeting where posting an opinion based on the information before me with regards to the roster and a little speculation was just plain insane thinking.

Could be a dump for pick variety you speak of, but then again, I was shocked Regier got a 3rd and 4th rd pick for Mac.

I am more than confident, facts are facts. If you check with Capgeek, Sekera, Butler, Weber and Gragnani have to clear waivers.

I don't know, this is Darcy Regier we are talking about here. Let's say he has to use the call ups. What happens when the defensive line up returns to full strength? I mean, I can't see 2 or 3 defensemen in the press box, can you?

I'll look beyond the schizophrenic remark, I must have missed the forum meeting where posting an opinion based on the information before me with regards to the roster and a little speculation was just plain insane thinking.

I appreciate the confirmation on the 4 defensemen. I agree -- it looks like at least 1 of them has to go.

My schizo comment was not meant to offend -- I was just remarking that you seem to oscillate between despair that no moves are coming and being sure that major moves are afoot. I hope you're right and we see a trade involving 1 or 2 of these guys as part of a package deal for a good forward. I don't think it will be Ryan or Savard, but there are other guys out there that are possible and other teams that need to make moves.

I appreciate the confirmation on the 4 defensemen. I agree -- it looks like at least 1 of them has to go.

My schizo comment was not meant to offend -- I was just remarking that you seem to oscillate between despair that no moves are coming and being sure that major moves are afoot. I hope you're right and we see a trade involving 1 or 2 of these guys as part of a package deal for a good forward. I don't think it will be Ryan or Savard, but there are other guys out there that are possible and other teams that need to make moves.

I kid, I kid on the Shizo comment. I was just poking the ribs back a little.

As for the assessment, you are correct, to a degree. Its not so much dispair as it is frustration. As a fan I will be very dissapointed if we head into this season with no changes to the top 2 scoring lines, any type of move to shake things up this point.

I would like size, but hey, It's like ordering at Nestors here in NT. I want that top made hot dog, but I'll settle for a Nestors slider with colon cleaning sauce, thanks.

I think the larger part of being a fan on a forum is to enjoy the discussions one has with others. The inter-action between fans should get some common ground going, just as it allows me anyways, to see how others view a particular situation with the team.

I mean, I am not looking for validation if a trade does occur, I am more interested in what others fans thoughts are and how they feel on this particular subject, but I also want to post my own opinion and atleast some hopeful speculation.

Archived