Gagne Waives No Trade Clause

gregkash

Simon Gagne waived his no trade clause. TSN says there's no deal imminent but I think now is the time for DArcy to jump on it. We have 12 million in Cap Room, plus whatever we would trade, he's a talented scoring winger. He only has 1 year left on his deal so if he doesn't work out we're not on the hook for very long. He makes just over 5 mil, which is about right for his production. He performed in the playoffs (9 goals), yes he has had some injury problems but what other options are out there.. Honestly, if we could get him for roster player prospect and pick, I do it.

I would be very, very happy if the Sabres traded for Gagne, even without an extension. I'd guess Philly wouldn't want much salary coming back. I wonder if they would take Enroth and a #2? I wonder if DR would pay that much for him?

I would be very, very happy if the Sabres traded for Gagne, even without an extension. I'd guess Philly wouldn't want much salary coming back. I wonder if they would take Enroth and a #2? I wonder if DR would pay that much for him?

Philly is actually loaded with three young goalie prospects + this year's playoff and free agency appears to have devalued all but top end goaltenders.

Gagne is rumored to be heading for the western conference. So I highly doubt Darcy has even an inkling to go after him.

Now Bobby Ryan is another story altogether. Refused his contract with the Ducks and would be the perfect RW fix for Roy and Vanek.

I say Ryan is who I want.

Gagne is rumored to be heading for the western conference. So I highly doubt Darcy has even an inkling to go after him.

Now Bobby Ryan is another story altogether. Refused his contract with the Ducks and would be the perfect RW fix for Roy and Vanek.

I think Ryan is a perfect fit. Anaheim said they would match any offer, but there has to be some way to pry him loose.

Granted, Tyler Myers really worked out, but how many mid-late round draft picks will prove themselves like Ryan?

You may be right. If you think adding Bobby Ryan means the team wins it all this year, then you've got to make that offer. I'm just pointing out that there's more to it than the money.

You may be right. If you think adding Bobby Ryan means the team wins it all this year, then you've got to make that offer. I'm just pointing out that there's more to it than the money.

I agree and I would give some things up to make it happen. I would think if you gave up draft picks to get him, you could get a draft pick for Stafford and one for Connolly come February/March 2011. Probably not a first rounder, but you're back into the draft.

Ummm............Ryan was chosen 2nd overall.

For your viewing pleasure:

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471676

That's the kid I want on the team long-term. I remember when Buffalo played Anaheim last year, he was all over the ice, hitting and making plays. I like that he plays a physical game, can score, and is a two-way player. The fact that he is young and could be locked down for many years makes him the kind of player I would build around.

me too, but I'd be happy with Gagne or any other no-BS top-6 forward.

I would suggest an actual trade with Anaheim, not an offer sheet. We have dead wood to trade - that others may think is useful. We all know who they are.

I like the offer created by Thanes and slightly altered by me: Connolly, Pomminstein, & Stafford for Ryan & a 2nd round pick

Makes sense for both sides IMO...provided Anaheim can handle the cap hit.

I would suggest an actual trade with Anaheim, not an offer sheet. We have dead wood to trade - that others may think is useful. We all know who they are.

I like the offer created by Thanes and slightly altered by me: Connolly, Pomminstein, & Stafford for Ryan & a 2nd round pick

Makes sense for both sides IMO...provided Anaheim can handle the cap hit.

Can you trade a RFA or trade his rights? I thought you sign them to a contract and his current team gets a week to match or not. As a RFA the player is not under contract. Not sure.

Can you trade a RFA or trade his rights? I thought you sign them to a contract and his current team gets a week to match or not. As a RFA the player is not under contract. Not sure.

Maybe you are correct, but if we know what he wants in way of a contract, we should be able to satisfy himi if we unload the salaries of Connolly, Pommenville and Stafford.

RFAs can be traded. That's exactly what happened when we sent both Pyatt and Bernier to Vancouver.

Archived