Carlo Colaiacovo

OTTOnME

I looked - in vain - for a thread specifically about Carlo Colaiacovo, and - so - I am starting this one.

Colaiacovo is a Toronto boy, born in 1983. He's 6'1" and 200 lbs. He does have offensive prowess: his 61 points in 130 games with St. Louis work out to just about 40 points in a full season. On the point - on the powerplay - he is always willing to shoot (and has a good shot). He does hit: one of his injuries while with Toronto was the result of a (failed) attempt at a stiff hip check. His problem with injuries keeps his salary demands low.

If we were to see Colaiavoco in a Sabres jersey in 2010-11 - manning the point on the powerplay - I (for one) would be happy. In fact, if Carlo is the best defenseman Darcy Regier can pick up this summer, I will not be disappointed. Given Colaiacovo's price tag, don't be surprised if we do see him in Buffalo this fall.

Carlo is always injured. He also has had serious injuries to both knees. We don't want him. I will agree that he is good on the point when healthy. I watched his jr. career here in Erie with the Otters. We was very proficient on the pp and on offense. He is too much of a health risk to take a chance on though.

This is a classic example of what Darcy Regiers way of doing things has done to the Sabres fanbase. All we dream about are oft-injured second rate players we can get on the cheap. We can't dream big because we know from past experience that it won't happen. This isn't a shot at Regier(even though I've been outspoken on my desire to see him gone),it's just the way he does things. Slow,methodical and boring.

This is a classic example of what Darcy Regiers way of doing things has done to the Sabres fanbase. All we dream about are oft-injured second rate players we can get on the cheap. We can't dream big because we know from past experience that it won't happen. This isn't a shot at Regier(even though I've been outspoken on my desire to see him gone),it's just the way he does things. Slow,methodical and boring.

Bunomatic, you're right. In offering Carlo Colaiacovo as a possible pick up, I'm offering a likely candidate as opposed to an ideal candidate. Anton Volchenkov would be an ideal candidate - a guy who could be had without touching the present roster* - but his price tag makes him an unlikely candidate.

* assuming that that would be a good thing

Tickets are still selling in Buffalo and most nights the arena is full or nearly full. The FO won't change anything until their ticket sales suffer.

Then they will blame declining tickets sales for their lack of movement. Face it Buffalo sports fans we're f*cked.

Then they will blame declining tickets sales for their lack of movement. Face it Buffalo sports fans we're f*cked.

I agree. I'm convinced the Sabres organization is primarily concerned with putting fannies in the seats and little else. Kassian is proof of that IMO.

When the fannies disappear they will find another attraction to draw them in...something similar to the pathetic Bills organization bringing in T.O. for that very reason.

Winning a championship??? Waaaaaayyyy too expensive for these owners.

Hello,

Yes this is very good example. Carlo Colaiacovo always get injured thats why he have to miss the sports. i like this kind of sports but it is also very dangerous and participants have to take care of there health.

thanks!!

Hello,

Yes this is very good example. Carlo Colaiacovo always get injured thats why he have to miss the sports. i like this kind of sports but it is also very dangerous and participants have to take care of there health.

thanks!!

Pharmacy

Hello,

Spammer

Goodbye. (as she clicks block member)

Hello,

thanks!!

Pharmacy

unintentionally super awesome?

or spam?

or both?

Hello,

Spammer

Goodbye. (as she clicks block member)

Block member? Why can I never find that option on this site? And now I'm suddenly noticing the humor in the phrase "block member".

Anyway, this post reminds me of our old friend Barry Beck and his struggles with the english language.

edit: This posters post history is absolutely hilarious. Clearly trying to spam whatever is being sold in his/her signature.

U refering to the "member block? Member block techniques have seen little evolution, member blocking apparatus has been manufactured to facilitate blocking a member from things the eyes cannot keep at bay, such as beta trials, icon belts, and spam posts with sufficient force to cause the mind to simply distribute it across a wider range, risking damage over a greater area than when were not blocked.

U refering to the "member block? Member block techniques have seen little evolution, member blocking apparatus has been manufactured to facilitate blocking a member from things the eyes cannot keep at bay, such as beta trials, icon belts, and spam posts with sufficient force to cause the mind to simply distribute it across a wider range, risking damage over a greater area than when were not blocked.

That's it I blocked you. :nana:

But if there is an option to block other posts, I'd love to know where it is. Half the board needs to go on that list right now.

No surprise that's how his team plays then.

Archived