Trade Proposals - Pony up yours here

static70

sorry I don't want a trade for anyone on the wrong side of 30 unless it's a steal.

I'd like a trade with a team that has a GM who's not as much on the ball as Darcy is and who has the type of team personality the Sabres are sorely lacking, as well as someone with Cup rings. The Wings always rip off the Sabres because they've got money and they're smarter than us. The Sharks have soft players, like Buffalo, as does Florida. Buffalo's had a good history of trading with the Kings and Black Hawks, although now that the Hawks have a real owner, they'll be alot smarter. Dustin Bufuglien and jack Johnson are high on the list for me. I don't know what it'll take to get those two but, looking at the roster, take your pick...

Regier's MO, when he was on top of his game, was to steal dormant players from teams that aren't on the ball. I think his recent history of trades have been try to pick up a power forward at the trade deadline. None of these have worked. I think Darcy should be kicked upstairs and Buffalo should get a new GM whose MO isn't that well known.

But why? We have a ton of players under 30. We don't need to keep more youth, we need to get leadership and people who've been there, done that. I'd agree with you if both players have health concerns but they don't, and with Inginla he never has has major issues there.

To me this trade would be a steal because gone would be two players who are a cancer and in would be two players who know how to get it done.

I couldn't agree with you more, however, with that assessment of Regier. He does try and find weak or clueless GM's to trade with, and I actually like that he has that ability, but you can't get that sort of situation every year.

Like I said, I hate these threads. However, if they can get past their history, I can see a Sabres/Edmonton trade. I have no idea what the particulars would be but the principals would be Drew Stafford and Ales Hemsky. Hemsky would be the ideal right wing for Vanek and still has 2 years left on a very good contract. Edmonton is looking to go youth all the way and acquire prospects and picks.

Like I said, I hate these threads. However, if they can get past their history, I can see a Sabres/Edmonton trade. I have no idea what the particulars would be but the principals would be Drew Stafford and Ales Hemsky. Hemsky would be the ideal right wing for Vanek and still has 2 years left on a very good contract. Edmonton is looking to go youth all the way and acquire prospects and picks.

i agree hemsky is a great player

Remind me. Where did Ales Kotalik wind up last season?

to buffalo

ales hemsky, dustin penner

to edmonton

tim connolly, drew stafford, andrej sekera, 2nd round pick

Are the Oilers looking to dump their contracts? They both have two years left.

This is a trade I think the Oilers should make. If they are thinking long term trading away the contracts and bringing in players whou only have one year left makes a lot of sense. They can let Connolly walk after the season and decide on the RFAs after seeing them up close. Setting them up nicely to hit the free agent market next off-season.

For Buffalo they would be bringing in $8 mil worth of wingers. How would they leave them in cap wise to fill the huge hole at center.

Are the Oilers looking to dump their contracts? They both have two years left.

This is a trade I think the Oilers should make. If they are thinking long term trading away the contracts and bringing in players whou only have one year left makes a lot of sense. They can let Connolly walk after the season and decide on the RFAs after seeing them up close. Setting them up nicely to hit the free agent market next off-season.

For Buffalo they would be bringing in $8 mil worth of wingers. How would they leave them in cap wise to fill the huge hole at center.

its unlikely that buffalo is gonna sign a great center or make a huge awesome trade, but i think of the 2, they are more likely to make a trade. and darcy regier probly thinks his center scenario is just fine anyway.

its unlikely that buffalo is gonna sign a great center or make a huge awesome trade, but i think of the 2, they are more likely to make a trade. and darcy regier probly thinks his center scenario is just fine anyway.

They seemed to admit center was a issue during the end of the year whine and cry festival.

Don't get me wrong. I like the trade as you have it laid out. I just don't think it would be close to enough needed to make this team a true contender.

They seemed to admit center was a issue during the end of the year whine and cry festival.

Don't get me wrong. I like the trade as you have it laid out. I just don't think it would be close to enough needed to make this team a true contender.

alright how bout this

to buffalo

brian rolston

to new jersey

drew stafford, andrej sekera

rolston is getting old but he is an ideal center on any team, side note what do you think would be a good trade for the sabres to acquire shane doan?

alright how bout this

to buffalo

brian rolston

to new jersey

drew stafford, andrej sekera

rolston is getting old but he is an ideal center on any team, side note what do you think would be a good trade for the sabres to acquire shane doan?

You are coming up with good/decent trades. As a single move this would be a good trade. It can not be the lynch pin of the off-season. I did not hate the Rivet trade when it happened. I hated that it was the only move that off-season.

Shane Doan? I would offer anyone but Myers. I doubt the 'Yotes would even consider it though.

You are coming up with good/decent trades. As a single move this would be a good trade. It can not be the lynch pin of the off-season. I did not hate the Rivet trade when it happened. I hated that it was the only move that off-season.

Shane Doan? I would offer anyone but Myers. I doubt the 'Yotes would even consider it though.

so basically you want people to discuss possible blockbuster trades haha

so basically you want people to discuss possible blockbuster trades haha

Not at all. Different trades involving different players. Bringing in the two Oilers and Rolston would be a great start to a off-season. Make a couple of deals for a blue-liner and sign a decent center in free agency could make for a successful off-season. One or two moves, unless they are blockbuster, would make this yet another failed off-season for Regier and Co.

Not at all. Different trades involving different players. Bringing in the two Oilers and Rolston would be a great start to a off-season. Make a couple of deals for a blue-liner and sign a decent center in free agency could make for a successful off-season. One or two moves, unless they are blockbuster, would make this yet another failed off-season for Regier and Co.

you know that regier isnt gonna make that many moves, heres a blockbuster

to buffalo

joe thornton, evgeni nabokov, devin setoguchi

to san jose

ryan miller, tim connolly, jason pominville, andrej sekera

you know that regier isnt gonna make that many moves, heres a blockbuster

to buffalo

joe thornton, evgeni nabokov, devin setoguchi

to san jose

ryan miller, tim connolly, jason pominville, andrej sekera

Nabokov is a free agent. Thornton a complete playoff failure.

Thornton is Connolly Sr.

what just cause tc had one bad playoffs hes like thornton? tc was injured this playoffs and i do seem to recall tc having a great playoffs in 06 before he got that cheapshot. also tc is injury prone and thorton really isnt, so how is tc like thornton?

Yeah I'm starting to agree that this is a stupid idea discussing trades. Blockbuster trades are rare for any team, and when someone discusses a simple trade and we start talking about how those players wouldn't be the "lynch pin" to our team that's where this thread loses me. Also, when Thorton is compared to Connonly I just sit here and wonder why some people bother posting LOL. That's a terrible comparison... you'd be crazy to not want Joe.

Trades are not about fulfilling all the team's needs in one shot. For example, In my Iginla proposal someone brought up that we lose a center (Roy) and we are in need of them... what do you think free agency is for? Like we're debating some of these trades in a manner where some people think w should be getting back everything we need for Roy Connoly and or Stafford, and that will never ever happen. The question is not if the trade fills a need at center. The question is if it fulfills needs that the team has. If the Sabres made this trade it would not be the only move they make this offseason... it couldn't be, I would think that's obvious. That applies to all the trades on this thread... it's one trade that is proposed that assumes they will be trying other things to fulfill other needs.

Then there's these trades like Patrick Kane coming here. No offense to that guy, but come on dude, are you 13? If you are, my bad, but anyone with half a hockey brain knows that's never ever going to be a discussion for this year.

Some of you have thought about this, others are playing NHL 2010 and because the trade goes through on a game they think it's possible in real life. That makes this entire thread annoying.

Yeah I'm starting to agree that this is a stupid idea discussing trades. Blockbuster trades are rare for any team, and when someone discusses a simple trade and we start talking about how those players wouldn't be the "lynch pin" to our team that's where this thread loses me. Also, when Thorton is compared to Connonly I just sit here and wonder why some people bother posting LOL. That's a terrible comparison... you'd be crazy to not want Joe.

Trades are not about fulfilling all the team's needs in one shot. For example, In my Iginla proposal someone brought up that we lose a center (Roy) and we are in need of them... what do you think free agency is for? Like we're debating some of these trades in a manner where some people think w should be getting back everything we need for Roy Connoly and or Stafford, and that will never ever happen. The question is not if the trade fills a need at center. The question is if it fulfills needs that the team has. If the Sabres made this trade it would not be the only move they make this offseason... it couldn't be, I would think that's obvious. That applies to all the trades on this thread... it's one trade that is proposed that assumes they will be trying other things to fulfill other needs.

Then there's these trades like Patrick Kane coming here. No offense to that guy, but come on dude, are you 13? If you are, my bad, but anyone with half a hockey brain knows that's never ever going to be a discussion for this year.

Some of you have thought about this, others are playing NHL 2010 and because the trade goes through on a game they think it's possible in real life. That makes this entire thread annoying.

What is "annoying" is someone going to a fan message board and complain about fans discussing the team. We all know the Sabres don;t have a real NHL GM. We all all know that like fans from other teams we will have nothing in regards to free agent signings and trades to talk about. Throwing around trade ideas replacing having a actual GM. It's either that or a bunch of threads talking about how Marc-Andre Gragnani is going to save the power play. In that case you might as well shut down all Sabres fan boards until opening night next season.

What is "annoying" is someone going to a fan message board and complain about fans discussing the team. We all know the Sabres don;t have a real NHL GM. We all all know that like fans from other teams we will have nothing in regards to free agent signings and trades to talk about. Throwing around trade ideas replacing having a actual GM. It's either that or a bunch of threads talking about how Marc-Andre Gragnani is going to save the power play. In that case you might as well shut down all Sabres fan boards until opening night next season.

Dude... Patrick Kane. Come on man. I have every right to bitch about crap like that. If you're feelies are hurt then so sorry. I'll criticize people's over the top opinions all I want, and I when I think somethings stupid I'll say it. Sorry, but my opinion is this thread is going nowhere good.

Dude... Patrick Kane. Come on man. I have every right to bitch about crap like that. If you're feelies are hurt then so sorry. I'll criticize people's over the top opinions all I want, and I when I think somethings stupid I'll say it. Sorry, but my opinion is this thread is going nowhere good.

Ever think the Kane idea was sarcastic? If you pay attention to thread as a whole you will see very reasonable ideas. Reasonable if the Sabres had a GM not afraid to make moves or to let go one of their own players.

Here's an idea. If you think a thread is "going nowhere" do as the thread suggests. "Pony up" a idea.

I am sick to death of people attempting to portray themselves as hockey gurus with only thier deep insights to be heard on professional hockey.

I am 39, not 13, and if you think for one moment that Kane or any other NHL player or prospect are untouchable, you are sadly mistaken pat989.

At 39 I run my own business, so I think I know a little of what I say here. Players are merely commodities, nothing more, nothing less. They serve a purpose in this sport as a means to an end. Nothing more, nothing less.

Does this mean Patrick Kane is tradable? For a price sure. What would that price be? I don't know, thats why this thread exists, to see what "fair value" really means to peolple.

If you weren't around for the Gretzky trade, then its more than obvious you missed a lesson you should have learned.

Archived