I Can't Take Eastern Conference Playoffs Anymore

ntjacks79

They're still playing hockey...?

I haven't noticed

+1

Seeing Montreal pull this crap out of their a$! has made me physically ill.

What is with all this love for Montreal? Seriously, are they the only fans that we can ever wax poetic about? They have some fans that light cars on fire after winning 1st ROUND playoff series...also they have this self entitlement things because they are the rich in tradition Habs. with all the built in advantages they had in the old days, how hard was it to win all those Cups anyway?

+1

What is with all this love for Montreal? Seriously, are they the only fans that we can ever wax poetic about? They have some fans that light cars on fire after winning 1st ROUND playoff series...also they have this self entitlement things because they are the rich in tradition Habs. with all the built in advantages they had in the old days, how hard was it to win all those Cups anyway?

That's always a well-made point. But when I survey the teams remaining:

Philly: Hate them.

Boston: Somewhat hate them and I'm really freaking angry at Boychuk and Sturm.

Chicago: Fans don't deserve it.

San Jose: (a) in California; (b) don't want another expansion team winning before Buffalo does.

So I'm pulling for Montreal all the way.

That's always a well-made point. But when I survey the teams remaining:

Philly: Hate them.

Boston: Somewhat hate them and I'm really freaking angry at Boychuk and Sturm.

Chicago: Fans don't deserve it.

San Jose: (a) in California; (b) don't want another expansion team winning before Buffalo does.

So I'm pulling for Montreal all the way.

And it doesn't bother you that probably 25 of the 40 editions of the Sabres since their inception were more talented than the 2009-2010 Canadiens... to have the Habs win a Cup with THAT roster - and the Sabres have NONE?

And it doesn't bother you that probably 25 of the 40 editions of the Sabres since their inception were more talented than the 2009-2010 Canadiens... to have the Habs win a Cup with THAT roster - and the Sabres have NONE?

I really think you are selling this Montreal team short.

I'm not sure I agree with the premise, but let's put it this way: if it bothers me, it bothers me less than watching any of the other four teams win would bother me.

+1

Their fans cheer, really loud, and they don't leave their seats during play. It's more than can be said for almost every other US-based franchise.

This canadien team play with passion and heart every single guy on this team play their role on paper they are nothing but defensively they frustrated ovechkin and crosby, they block so many shots, halak was a beast in net and offensively they did enough to win. Crosby said yesterday he never saw a team get outplay and outshot like the canadien did in their series against them and washington and still manage to win it all.

Poor him i'm sure he's crying right now and lemieux is probably changing crosby diaper right now

Their fans cheer, really loud, and they don't leave their seats during play. It's more than can be said for almost every other US-based franchise.

So because they cheer really loud, that's a reason to root for them? :doh: :doh: :doh:

OP, you shouldn't feel so bad. The Sabres are NOWHERE near as good as the Habs. So it took them almost an entire season to get their new guys to jell. Now that they have, they should dispel any hopes for a Sabres repeat atop the Division for a while now, barring two or three risky trades by Darcy Regier, which he NEVER makes.

Archived