One key to the Sabres' success this season

NowDoYouBelieve

WARNING!!! MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF JINX

Something that popped into my head this afternoon...the Sabres have been incredibly healthy this season, especially considering injury-riddled seasons past.

The Top-6 point scorers on the team (Connolly, Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Myers, Hecht) have missed a grand total of seven games. Four of those players have played all 71 games.

Furthermore, our top defensive pairing hasn't missed a game between them. Rivet has missed two games. The other blueliners have missed considerably more, but this has been more often about shuffling around the healthy scratch than injuries.

Miller has stayed healthy all season despite an extra heavy workload that included the Olympics.

Even our crash test dummy Kaleta has played 52 games.

It's pretty damn rare that you see an NHL team go an entire season with so few major injuries (perhaps NO major injuries).

Knock on wood.

This is one of the reasons it's vital to have a player like Kennedy who can fill in at center if Roy or Connolly get hurt.

There is no way that they could put Gaustad in there and expect anything else but a huge drop off.

o

Oh my God, did he beat you up in high school or something? We get it, you don't like him. If you could let that go maybe we could respect some of your points better.

o

Oh my God, did he beat you up in high school or something? We get it, you don't like him. If you could let that go maybe we could respect some of your points better.

Do you prowl these boards patrolling opinions on Gaustad?

Do you A) have a crush or B) do you believe that Gaustad is viable depth for 2nd line center?

A or B what is your answer.

Do you A) have a crush or B) do you believe that Gaustad is viable depth for 2nd line center?

Or maybe it's because your point (or should I say vendetta) has absolutely nothing to do with the original post. But that's ok, I know you'll now respond saying that this post is nothing more than fan speak.

No need to worry about the jinx thing since by now we should all know what we're in for when following a Sabres season. It's not a question of if, but when we receive the inevitable kick to the nuts from the hockey gods.

Like losing almost every D man during the 2006 playoffs and still leading those god forsaken Canes after 2 in the 7th game :death: :death: :death:

Or maybe it's because your point (or should I say vendetta) has absolutely nothing to do with the original post. But that's ok, I know you'll now respond saying that this post is nothing more than fan speak.

Wrong, it certainly is related to the original post regarding injuries to the top 6.

What compelled you to respond to a reply I made to someone other than yourself is that any comment related to Gaustad which is not adulatory offends your sensibilities.

As uncomfortable as it might make you, the reality is that Gaustad cannot effectively fill in at 2nd line center, that should not be cause for tears from any mentally stable person.

Wrong, it certainly is related to the original post regarding injuries to the top 6.

What compelled you to respond to a reply I made to someone other than yourself is that any comment related to Gaustad which is not adulatory offends your sensibilities.

As uncomfortable as it might make you, the reality is that Gaustad cannot effectively fill in at 2nd line center, that should not be cause for tears from any mentally stable person.

I'm just wondering how any mentally stable person can create username after username on a board just to rant about one player over and over. You could at least disguise your act a little bit.

If you disagree with my hockey comment then support your opinion instead of insisting that those who have differing opinions should not post them.

If making what you see as an unfavorable comment in regard to Gaustad is to be viewed as a vendetta should we apply this to comment about ALL players?

Yes or no?

Or does this just apply to Paul Gaustad?

Nope it certainly is related to the original post regarding injuries to the top 6.

What compels you to respond to question I had for Tom Webster?

Clearly comment about Gaustad which is not adulatory offends your sensibilities.

The reality is that Gaustad cannot effectively fill in at 2nd line center, that shouldn't be cause for tears or a tantrum from any mentally stable person.

If you disagree with my hockey comment then support your opinion instead of insisting that those who have differing opinions should not post them.

You can think what you want. That's fine. But you go around injecting that opinion into every single topic you can. We get it, you're not a fan. I fail to see why a thread about the fortunate health of this team needs to be yet another opportunity to rip apart Guastad. Actually, yeah I do. It's a chance to push people's buttons.

NowDoYouBelieve, sorry for aiding in his quest to derail this and any other thread. I won't bother with it any further no matter what so called witty insult follows. We don't know for sure if they wouldn't be in first with a few more injuries, but that is definitely one of the major differences between this year and last year. The Miller injury was killer. The other main difference is that there is no one in this division this year having the monster regular season like Boston did last year.

I'm just wondering how any mentally stable person can create username after username on a board just to rant about one player over and over. You could at least disguise your act a little bit.

Oh now we resort to tactics little kiddies use on forums.

How would you handle yourself in a real life conversation, do you think you could dismiss an opinion based on an accusation that the person you disagree with has a new nickname today?

No, that wouldn't make a shread of sense , you cannot hide behind nonsense like this in the real world.

So why do develop these sniveling habits on the internet?

If I'm standing at a bar or in my yard having a beer and you invite yourself into a conversation about hockey you can't dismiss my opinion by claiming I changed my nickname.

You'd look like a retard , and that's how I look at this kiddie tactic of yours, it's not even original for crying out load, I've seen this gutless ploy used 1000 times.

Be a man for once and debate your point without resorting to these tantrums you throw.

You can think what you want. That's fine. But you go around injecting that opinion into every single topic you can. We get it, you're not a fan. I fail to see why a thread about the fortunate health of this team needs to be yet another opportunity to rip apart Guastad. Actually, yeah I do. It's a chance to push people's buttons.

Sorry these lies do not cover up what you,re all about.

I've discussed several topic in my posts.

You're only succeeding in misrepresenting this to those who share your adulation for Gaustad.

Anyone else can see through this dried up dog sh*t.

This is one of the reasons it's vital to have a player like Kennedy who can fill in at center if Roy or Connolly get hurt.

There is no way that they could put Gaustad in there and expect anything else but a huge drop off.

If you really had to bring up your feelings about Gaustad, you should have said something like,"Goose was hurt and the Sabres didn't miss a beat." That would have gotten your point across and been on topic. But if you think Kennedy can step in for Connolly or Roy without a drastic dropoff you really need to do some more of that talent evaluation you are so proud of yourself for.

C) I "prowl" these boards looking for posts of about 10 to 15 posters whose opinions sometimes intrigue me, yourself included. You make some pretty good points but it is obscured by your constant reference to "hockey speak" to dismiss any opinion you don't agree with and your even more insistence to interject your dislike for Gaustad into every thread you post in.

For the record, and I have stated this before several times since he signed his contract.

a) He is slightly overpaid.

b) He is a valued member of this team.

c) To have a Championship team you need role players like Gaustad. Its not fantasy hockey were you assemble the 20 most talented players you can and expect to steamroll through the league. Ask the Russians how well that worked in the Olympics.

d) Finally, I wouldn't want Gaustad as a longterm second line center. Nor would I want Kennedy at this point. I do believe, however, that in the coming years that Kennedy will emerge as a significant member of this team.

If you really had to bring up your feelings about Gaustad, you should have said something like,"Goose was hurt and the Sabres didn't miss a beat." That would have gotten your point across and been on topic. But if you think Kennedy can step in for Connolly or Roy without a drastic dropoff you really need to do some more of that talent evaluation you are so proud of yourself for.

LOL you really crack me up.

Had I said that it would actually have been off inflammatory in the context of this thread and could fairly be construed as intent on upsetting the sensibilities of Goose's fan club.

That's not to say that that comment is taboo, it may have merit.

In the future, if you could (I don't hold out any hope) please restrict yourself to commenting on what i actually said, I never posted "Kennedy can step in for Connolly or Roy without a drastic dropoff".

I think Kennedy can do an adequate job as a fill in, as a rookie he has shown that he is a good fit with skill players where Gaustad is strictly geared for the bottom 6.

Kennedy is not a good fit and struggles when paired with grinders, especially on the 4th line.

I expect to see marked improvement from Kennedy as he gains confidence and experience, Gaustad's potential for the most part is topped out.

WARNING!!! MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF JINX

Something that popped into my head this afternoon...the Sabres have been incredibly healthy this season, especially considering injury-riddled seasons past.

The Top-6 point scorers on the team (Connolly, Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Myers, Hecht) have missed a grand total of seven games. Four of those players have played all 71 games.

Furthermore, our top defensive pairing hasn't missed a game between them. Rivet has missed two games. The other blueliners have missed considerably more, but this has been more often about shuffling around the healthy scratch than injuries.

Miller has stayed healthy all season despite an extra heavy workload that included the Olympics.

Even our crash test dummy Kaleta has played 52 games.

It's pretty damn rare that you see an NHL team go an entire season with so few major injuries (perhaps NO major injuries).

Knock on wood.

I personally feel that the 2009-10 Sabres could sustain numerous injuries to their group of forwards and not miss a beat. This team is driven by Miller and the D-Men... and Effort.

I personally feel that the 2009-10 Sabres could sustain numerous injuries to their group of forwards and not miss a beat. This team is driven by Miller and the D-Men... and Effort.

When this roster and this system I can agree that many of the forwards we have are interchangeable.

I wouldn't go as far as saying numerous forwards in general short identifying which players I'm talking about.

Because in the case skill forwards I do not think the Sabres can withstand anything close to numerous injuries.

If two out of these three players goes down to injures the Sabres are finished

Connolly

Roy

Vanek

Even if I expand that list they're in serious trouble with two injuries

Connolly

Roy

Vanek

Hecht

Pominville

On the other hand the Sabres CAN withstand numerous injuires within this group

Grier

Torres

Mair

Gaustad

Ellis

Kaleta

Oh now we resort to tactics little kiddies use on forums.

How would you handle yourself in a real life conversation, do you think you could dismiss an opinion based on an accusation that the person you disagree with has a new nickname today?

No, that wouldn't make a shread of sense , you cannot hide behind nonsense like this in the real world.

So why do develop these sniveling habits on the internet?

If I'm standing at a bar or in my yard having a beer and you invite yourself into a conversation about hockey you can't dismiss my opinion by claiming I changed my nickname.

You'd look like a retard, and that's how I look at this kiddie tactic of yours, it's not even original for crying out load, I've seen this gutless ploy used 1000 times.

Be a man for once and debate your point without resorting to these tantrums you throw.

fixed.

LOL you really crack me up.

Had I said that it would actually have been off inflammatory in the context of this thread and could fairly be construed as intent on upsetting the sensibilities of Goose's fan club.

That's not to say that that comment is taboo, it may have merit.

In the future, if you could (I don't hold out any hope) please restrict yourself to commenting on what i actually said, I never posted "Kennedy can step in for Connolly or Roy without a drastic dropoff".

I think Kennedy can do an adequate job as a fill in, as a rookie he has shown that he is a good fit with skill players where Gaustad is strictly geared for the bottom 6.

Kennedy is not a good fit and struggles when paired with grinders, especially on the 4th line.

I expect to see marked improvement from Kennedy as he gains confidence and experience, Gaustad's potential for the most part is topped out.

I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood. I thought you said,"This is one of the reasons it's vital to have a player like Kennedy who can fill in at center if Roy or Connolly get hurt. There is no way that they could put Gaustad in there and expect anything else but a huge drop off."

I read that as,"If Goose had to fill in for Roy or Connolly there would be a huge drop off, but with Kennedy,.. not so much."

Did I understand you correctly so far? I'm not going to go on until I know we are clear

C) I "prowl" these boards looking for posts of about 10 to 15 posters whose opinions sometimes intrigue me, yourself included. You make some pretty good points but it is obscured by your constant reference to "hockey speak" to dismiss any opinion you don't agree with and your even more insistence to interject your dislike for Gaustad into every thread you post in.

For the record, and I have stated this before several times since he signed his contract.

a) He is slightly overpaid.

b) He is a valued member of this team.

c) To have a Championship team you need role players like Gaustad. Its not fantasy hockey were you assemble the 20 most talented players you can and expect to steamroll through the league. Ask the Russians how well that worked in the Olympics.

d) Finally, I wouldn't want Gaustad as a longterm second line center. Nor would I want Kennedy at this point. I do believe, however, that in the coming years that Kennedy will emerge as a significant member of this team.

1.) Hockey Speak doesn't refer to opinions I don't like, Hockey Speak is the reciting of ADOPTED opinion in verbatim. In effect these aren't opinions, or at the very best they aren't opinions original to the people who post them.

2.) I only made ONE thread on Hockey Speak and intentionally limited myself to responding only to replies that were nothing more than insults.

That is not to say that I will not expose Hockey Speak in the future.

I certainly will, because it is mindless.

But to date I have make one post on Hockey Speak and 2 replies to insults within that thread.

So why is it that you are in the bad habit of fabricating lies in order to support your feelings.

I say feelings instead of opinion because you do this in advance of saying anything of substance, you simply throw a fit coupled with fabrications.

You don't like that I expose Hockey Speak so you fabricate this nonsense of yours, 3 posts turn into "constant".

Then because you are sensitive to comments about Gaustad you fabricate the identical nonsense, about all of my post referring to Gaustad.

Make up your mind which of the two all my posts are about.

Is this some kind of gadget you learned to use when you don't like an opinion?

It's juvenile.

Imagine a forum where everyone states their opinion without someone else deciding which players are open to criticism and which one aren't.

From my experience I only see these outburts on behalf of Gaustad and Miller.

I don't seem to get why they're in a different category.

1.) Hockey Speak doesn't refer to opinions I don't like, Hockey Speak is the reciting of ADOPTED opinion in verbatim. In effect these aren't opinions, or at the very best they aren't opinions original to the people who post them.

2.) I only made ONE thread on Hockey Speak and intentionally limited myself to responding only to replies that were nothing more than insults.

That is not to say that I will not expose Hockey Speak in the future.

I certainly will, because it is mindless.

But to date I have make one post on Hockey Speak and 2 replies to insults within that thread.

So why is it that you are in the bad habit of fabricating lies in order to support your feelings.

I say feelings instead of opinion because you do this in advance of saying anything of substance, you simply throw a fit coupled with fabrications.

You don't like that I expose Hockey Speak so you fabricate this nonsense of yours, 3 posts turn into "constant".

Then because you are sensitive to comments about Gaustad you fabricate the identical nonsense, about all of my post referring to Gaustad.

Make up your mind which of the two all my posts are about.

Is this some kind of gadget you learned to use when you don't like an opinion?

It's juvenile.

Imagine a forum where everyone states their opinion without someone else deciding which players are open to criticism and which one aren't.

From my experience I only see these outburts on behalf of Gaustad and Miller.

I don't seem to get why they're in a different category.

Thanks, I needed something to laugh at tonite.

Archived