Clarke MacArthur traded to Atlanta for 3rd and 4th round picks......

lothar

I think we also got a 3rd and a 4th rounder for Paille earlier this season. So, we seem to be stockpiling mid-round draft picks.

Speaking of that, anyone remember the consensus here: good trade, Regier is opening up cap space to make a move later on.

The 4th is a conditional pick if Paille scores 16(I believe that is the magic number) or more goals.

I think Boston had two 4th, so we'd get the higher one if he scores more than 16 (which won't happen)... if not, the lower 4th.

Did Lindy tell his guys to let Paille score against them in order to facilitate this? :beer:

Speaking of that, anyone remember the consensus here: good trade, Regier is opening up cap space to make a move later on.

Was that the consensus? I assumed most thought it was about the team carrying too many forwards and needing to open some space, especially since Myers made the team.

Was that the consensus? I assumed most thought it was about the team carrying too many forwards and needing to open some space, especially since Myers made the team.

It's not what you said! :) http://forums.sabres...al/page__st__20

Consensus might not be the right word. But a lot of people seemed to think Regier was giving himself some breathing room to make a move. Well... here we are.

How much salary have the Sabres dumped this season? Regier's moves, as seen in the short term, have been trading Paille, MacArthur and Paetsch, three serviceable players, for a rental. Reagan comes back from the grave to ask, "Are you better off than you were four months ago?"

Consensus might not be the right word. But a lot of people seemed to think Regier was giving himself some breathing room to make a move. Well... here we are.

How much salary have the Sabres dumped this season? Regier's moves, as seen in the short term, have been trading Paille, MacArthur and Paetsch, three serviceable players, for a rental. Reagan comes back from the grave to ask, "Are you better off than you were four months ago?"

Serviceable, replaceable. What's the difference?

The fact of the matter is no one of really substance moved today, with the possible exception of Torres. Doesn't look like too many people wanted to dance.

I look at it as trading a 2nd for a temp, a 3rd and two 4th and I am fine with that.

My only salary comments were from the Bruin point of view, but I'm assuming you're talking about the comment at the end where I said they "didn't HAVE to make a move". It's an old comment, but as I remember things, I was talking as of that very moment. They didn't need the roster spot that very day, but they did need it later down the road, especially once Mair was fully healthy. We've seen them try to free up the roster spot a few times this year with the waivers being placed on Mair and Paetsch. The injury bug picked up a bit when Mair was waived, but at the time, they were trying to free up some roster flexibility. Paille was more of the same. But yeah, that flexibility includes both the cap and the physical roster space.

Serviceable, replaceable. What's the difference?

The fact of the matter is no one of really substance moved today, with the possible exception of Torres. Doesn't look like too many people wanted to dance.

No one has been replaced. Torres is here for a cup of coffee. This despite Darcy's vow to not make a move that didn't help the team in the future.

Not that it matters, but Sabres had talks with Boston about a MacArthur to Boston trade according to Pierre LeBrun. They really like our garbage, eh?

While Chiarelli refused to go into names, other NHL sources confirm the Bruins inquired about Raffi Torres (who went to Buffalo on Wednesday), Clarke MacArthur (who went to Atlanta) and Alexei Ponikarovsky (who went to Pittsburgh on Tuesday).

Link- http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/lebrun_pierre/id/4963003/boston-chicago-philly-defend-their-moves

Archived