Sabre's Performances In The Olympics

SabresRepublic

I found this post earlier from d4rksabre regarding Sekera's play tonight:

Posted Today, 12:37 AM

"Sekera lays a nice blast on Jagr along the boards in the first of Slovakia v. Czech Republic. Jagr holding his arm on the bench. thumbsup.gif Eat it Jagr!

edit: I think the one nice thing about having NHLers in the Olympics is you get to see how they play outside of their normal teams, linemates, coaches, etc. "

And, I will add, Sekera (Slovakia) was on the ice when Jagr(Czech Republic) scored the third goal against Slovakia!

Hopefully we can get these stats we take for granted with NHL.com.

So, if we can get an ongoing statistical analyses of goals for and against, penalties, etc that is what I am trying to accomplish! THX ALL!!!

I guess the pinned Olympic discussion wasn't good enough? :o

I could see some use for a thread that gives nothing but the results of the Sabre players. It might be a handy little resource, especially for those like me where the games haven't really fit into my schedule yet.

I could see some use for a thread that gives nothing but the results of the Sabre players. It might be a handy little resource, especially for those like me where the games haven't really fit into my schedule yet.

The Sabres performances will just get posted in both threads and since the main thread is not going to get so busy that it will be impossible to find the information on the Sabres, I don't see the need, but who am I to say.

Carry on...

The Sabres performances will just get posted in both threads and since the main thread is not going to get so busy that it will be impossible to find the information on the Sabres, I don't see the need, but who am I to say.

Carry on...

I just noticed that the main thread is a lot shorter than I originally thought it was. Anyway, I hope they keep some kind of running tab on Lindy too. I want to know how often he draws furiously on the white board.

I have been noticing that after being benched, Sekera came back hitting a lot more often. In those few games where he was back in, he laid out a few big hits. His series last night where he checked Jagr three times in one shift (a PK, I believe) also showed that he stepped up that part of his game.

I know it's only Germany, but i thought Tallinder was a force last night for Sweden. Probably their best defenseman on defense.... a few others had great games with the puck. Tallinder was hitting and clearing the front of the net for Lundqvist to see the puck.

And i noticed Sekera was on the ice quite a few times against the Jagr line.

I know it's only Germany, but i thought Tallinder was a force last night for Sweden. Probably their best defenseman on defense.... a few others had great games with the puck. Tallinder was hitting and clearing the front of the net for Lundqvist to see the puck.

And i noticed Sekera was on the ice quite a few times against the Jagr line.

I agree that Talinder looked good for the Swedes! Hecht and Sturm looked fairly good for the Germans in the same game. However, I thought the officiating was tilted for the Swedes - some questionable calls and non-calls!

I have been noticing that after being benched, Sekera came back hitting a lot more often. In those few games where he was back in, he laid out a few big hits. His series last night where he checked Jagr three times in one shift (a PK, I believe) also showed that he stepped up that part of his game.

In tonight's game, Russia and Slovakia, Sekera was on the ice when Russia scored to take a 1 goal lead : Here's what they said: Although the shot was taken by Morozov (Russia) from the right circle, it deflected both off the stick of Slovakian defenseman Andrej Sekera and the back of sprawling Slovak forward Michal Handzus before sailing over the shoulder of the helpless and confused Halak.

And, he was on the ice when the Hossa brothers tied it. Eventually, Demitra scored the shootout winner which must have been disappointing for the Russians! Ovechkin took three of the penalty shots scoring once!

And Sekera's Slovaks played last night against the Czech Republic, losing 3 - 1. But the game was high tempo and the two neighbors could make some waves as they play a highly skilled up tempo game NOT unlike the Sabres!

It was damp and chilly afternoon, so I decided to put on my sweatshirt!

I say what I mean and I mean what I say! I do NOT mince words!

Get over it! Or, get with it!!!

My input on these boards are objective, rational, logical, wherever necessary informative, and non-threatening!

TSK! TSK!! TSK!!!

Archived