Stafford's Fight

TheChimp

1. That fight was the best fight a Sabre has been in since before the lockout, easily. Totally changed my opinion that Stafford doesn't have it IN him to be a mean sonofabitch. And in his weight class, there are ALOT of guys on other teams who would make DANDY sparring partners for him.

2. Mair and Gaustad should spend some time during the Olympic break doing some real soul searching, because Stafford was clearly doing a job the other night that BOTH of them need to be doing regularly but never do anymore. Couple of pansies. Rivet too. Yeah and Grier as well.

3. We better get to see this happen ALOT more often from now on, or I'm gonna be mad.

1. That fight was the best fight a Sabre has been in since before the lockout, easily. Totally changed my opinion that Stafford doesn't have it IN him to be a mean sonofabitch. And in his weight class, there are ALOT of guys on other teams who would make DANDY sparring partners for him.

2. Mair and Gaustad should spend some time during the Olympic break doing some real soul searching, because Stafford was clearly doing a job the other night that BOTH of them need to be doing regularly but never do anymore. Couple of pansies. Rivet too. Yeah and Grier as well.

3. We better get to see this happen ALOT more often from now on, or I'm gonna be mad.

1. I don't agree with this at all. I can think of fights involving Mair, Kaleta, Gaustad, and others that were better. It's just been so long since we've seen a decent scrap that anything looks like Ray/Domi.

2. Agreed.

3. Sign up for some anger management, expecting this type of behavior from this group is seriously gonna piss you off.

1. I don't agree with this at all. I can think of fights involving Mair, Kaleta, Gaustad, and others that were better. It's just been so long since we've seen a decent scrap that anything looks like Ray/Domi.

Mair and Gaustad are both entertaining fighters(I haven't seen Kaleta enough to form an opinion on him). The problem is...THEY DON'T FIGHT OR PLAY PHYSICAL ENOUGH!

The Lindy edict... Don't fight, you will cost the team a PP, and don't hit, you will take yourself out of position.

PS It is hard to believe this is the same Lindy Ruff who was a scrapper as a player.

The Lindy edict... Don't fight, you will cost the team a PP, and don't hit, you will take yourself out of position.

Lindy : Altogether now defensive corps, what's our gameplan?

Defense : Back up, back up, back up, stickcheck, stickcheck, stickcheck.

Lindy : Excellent, and when this fails?

Defense : Hope Miller bails us all out.

Lindy : And if somebody runs Miller?

Defense : Stand around and look goofy, protecting your goalie could cost a penalty.

Lindy : We're ready.

The unlikely fighters usually put on the best show. I was impressed by the doffing of helmets -- it was almost a scene out of a Savanaugh street fight, circa 1840. Gentlemen...

I hate that this sort of thing often happens after a game is lost. Do it in the first, 0-0, and I'll be impressed.

The unlikely fighters usually put on the best show. I was impressed by the doffing of helmets -- it was almost a scene out of a Savanaugh street fight, circa 1840. Gentlemen...

I hate that this sort of thing often happens after a game is lost. Do it in the first, 0-0, and I'll be impressed.

I didn't see the game but what I'm getting from this post is that spontaneous fights beat the pre-arranged dancing any day... well, unless Semin is involved in the fight (yes, someone will have fun with the end of this post).

Lindy : Altogether now defensive corps, what's our gameplan?

Defense : Back up, back up, back up, stickcheck, stickcheck, stickcheck.

Lindy : Excellent, and when this fails?

Defense : Hope Miller bails us all out.

Lindy : And if somebody runs Miller?

Defense : Stand around and look goofy, protecting your goalie could cost a penalty.

Lindy : We're ready.

The hockey version of the bend but don't break defense?

Archived