GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

LabattBlue

I hate the wrap around play. It is such a low percentage play and every hockey player thinks he can beat the goalie with it.

Agreed...I would say that the majority of the time, stopping short of the back of the net and cutting back in front is open, and the more effective play...

PP.. Time to take control of this game

The time to take control of the game should have been the opening face-off. Looking at the faces of the Sabres all I see is players feeling uncomfortable by tight collars. These guys look totally uptight. Or maybe they realize that they don't have the talent to compete with the big dogs.

Nice passing to guys standing still

They do everything they can to get the point shot from dead on center, and it's always a slapper. Just for once, I would like to see one of the guys along the side boards shoot a lazy wrister in there from an angle to hope for a deflection, or a juicy rebound....

They do everything they can to get the point shot from dead on center, and it's always a slapper. Just for once, I would like to see one of the guys along the side boards shoot a lazy wrister in there from an angle to hope for a deflection, or a juicy rebound....

you mean just like Shakira's goal?

Got one like that the other night, flipped it from the far boards over the goalie's glove into the top corner, but I was more just flipping it in front to see what happened, granted not at this level but still, Sabres need an improvised goal.

Speaking of that, I have to go play my league game. It got moved to tonight because of the Super Bowl.

GO SABRES!!

Don't forget to go to Taphandle TV after the game. It's all about Super Bowl drinks.[/shameless plug]

Harry complains about it all the time and he's right. All our slappers do is either hit a defender or injure Vanek.

Yep...and how many times in the last two weeks have we seen one of our point men wind up for an obvious slapper, only to fire it right into the shins of a defender 5 feet away and create an odd-man rush the other way? I know I counted at least 3 of them in the Pittsburgh game alone.

It is disappointing to note Sabres are real quiet on the trade front...Now Idon't expect them to be doing any crazy deals but it is dead silent...

Can't tell whether that Hoppe article with Darcy was just Darcy blowing smoke, or if he is truly content with what he has? And if he really does want to get better from within, we better see Gerbe/Weber/Ennis up before the end of the year (not all of them, but at least one)

Speaking of that, I have to go play my league game. It got moved to tonight because of the Super Bowl.

GO SABRES!!

Don't forget to go to Taphandle TV after the game. It's all about Super Bowl drinks.[/shameless plug]

Good luck, got a game tonight can't make... wife is on call. Can't leave the House, kids are sleeping and I am not going to hear the phone on the ice.

Archived