Kovalchuk traded

Two or less

On his twitter, Kevin Allen (USA Today) said Ilya Kovalchuk has been traded to a Eastern Conference team. He said the deal will be announced later tonight. Sportsnet in Canada picked up the story from Allen and are predicting the team is Philadelphia.

According to sportsnet, the deal would be JVR, Briere, Hartnell and a 2011 first round pick.

Thoughts?

On his twitter, Kevin Allen (USA Today) said Ilya Kovalchuk has been traded to a Eastern Conference team. He said the deal will be announced later tonight. Sportsnet in Canada picked up the story from Allen and are predicting the team is Philadelphia.

According to sportsnet, the deal would be JVR, Briere, Hartnell and a 2011 first round pick.

Thoughts?

They're getting Briere under contract for 5 more years, Hartnell for 3 more years, a really good young player in JVR and a 1st round pick to boot.

If this is the deal, Philly got taken. I hope they flame out in the 1st round of the playoffs...IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! :D

At least a guy with a twitter account is something...

But anyway, the Devils just sound like a weird system for Kovy to end up in.

Fox Sports Net, Darren Dreger and Kevin Allen all confirmed it. Kovy is a Devil.

Oduya is part of the deal going to Atlanta, according to Friedman.

According to a NJ reporter, he believes the deal is- Bergfors, Oduya, a prospect and pick

Fox Sports Net, Darren Dreger and Kevin Allen all confirmed it. Kovy is a Devil.

Oduya is part of the deal going to Atlanta, according to Friedman.

According to a NJ reporter, he believes the deal is- Bergfors, Oduya, a prospect and pick

sportsnet.ca has it up.

so i'm a believer.

Bergfors, Oduya, Prospect, and Pick sounds like a pretty light price, of course he is just a rental at this point.

sportsnet.ca has it up.

so i'm a believer.

Bergfors, Oduya, Prospect, and Pick sounds like a pretty light price, of course he is just a rental at this point.

That is less than I would have expected him to go for, even as a rental.

Waddell must be fun to have around at a poker game. Don walks in the door, you can hear someone yelling from the back "OK fellas, pot's here." :beer:

sportsnet.ca has it up.

so i'm a believer.

Looks like Tedenby is the prospect and the pick is obviously 1st round.

I don't see any way NJ Devils can re-sign him though so i do think it's only a rental.

Archived