[OT] Long time no see!

thesportsbuff

Haven't been on this board in months. Kind of forgot it existed after I got my new laptop and lost all my favorites! :oops:

anyway you all know the real reason I made this thread is to remind DeLuca and everybody that Tim Connolly is leading the team in goals and points at the midway point. sorry if there's already a thread about this but if i post in it now nobody will read my post, and i really want to stick it to the man.

so see you guys next week when Connolly gets laid out and goes on the IR til June

good to see you back.

i searched for the pre-season connolly/team predictions thread, but this is the best i could find.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/14882-4-5-mil-for-connolly-or-in-the-offseason-on-fa/page__hl__connolly__st__40

i was just turning over the connolly and top-6 issues in my mind this morning -- and i got to thinking: other than miller and myers (and, by association maybe, tallinder), who on this team is having a great year?

i just can't get past the fact that we're contending for the dag-gone PRESIDENTS trophy at the turn of the new year and there's not one of our top 6 forwards that, IMHO, has performed up to expectations. by extension, there is none among the top 6 that is having a "good" year, let alone a very good or great one. i'm all for balanced scoring, but, to quote mike tyson, the current scenario seems a little ludacrisp.

on the strength of his current hot streak, connolly is the one forward among the top 6 who's making a push into the "having a good year" category -- he currently sits at .78 PPG. in the years since the lockout (excluding the year he lost to his head/neck issues), he's been a ~.89 PPG guy.

sorry to hijack the thread a bit -- welcome back.

good to see you back.

i searched for the pre-season connolly/team predictions thread, but this is the best i could find.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/14882-4-5-mil-for-connolly-or-in-the-offseason-on-fa/page__hl__connolly__st__40

i was just turning over the connolly and top-6 issues in my mind this morning -- and i got to thinking: other than miller and myers (and, by association maybe, tallinder), who on this team is having a great year?

i just can't get past the fact that we're contending for the dag-gone PRESIDENTS trophy at the turn of the new year and there's not one of our top 6 forwards that, IMHO, has performed up to expectations. by extension, there is none among the top 6 that is having a "good" year, let alone a very good or great one. i'm all for balanced scoring, but, to quote mike tyson, the current scenario seems a little ludacrisp.

on the strength of his current hot streak, connolly is the one forward among the top 6 who's making a push into the "having a good year" category -- he currently sits at .78 PPG. in the years since the lockout (excluding the year he lost to his head/neck issues), he's been a ~.89 PPG guy.

sorry to hijack the thread a bit -- welcome back.

Maybe I just don't know #%^$#! about hockey, but I'd almost prefer the balanced scoring. Of course nothing is guaranteed, but at this pace, come season's end we'll have 5 20+ goal scorers... also you can assume Stafford will pot an extra one to make it 6, and Grier and Hecht might even end up between 15-20. It'd be nice to see Vanek have the season we all want him to and wind up with 30 or more, and it'd be even better if Stafford or Pominville stepped it up and got 25.. but the truth is, with the depth we have on offense combined with the best goalie in the league through the first half of the season, AND if you ask me a pretty solid defense, I think we're in good shape.

I wouldn't complain if they made a deadline or pre-deadline move to try to improve, because as many have mentioned in other threads, this group doesn't necessarily play "playoff style" hockey, but I wouldn't count them out. Personally I think our third and fourth lines are very suited for playoff hockey.

Archived