not trading Biron

Toddkaz

If we don't trade martin biron it could go down as the biggest mistake in sabres Gm history.

I know you people think we shouldn't trade him and what a huge mistake it could be

Picture this game seven conference finals Buffalo vs. Ottawa

And overtime Todd Bertuzzi(newly acquired) scores

What does Martin Biron do for us sitting on our bench??(atleast we have him to shake hands)

Why so he could play those 3 games in march for us?

Why so if Miller went down atleast we had him on the bench?

Huge mistake not to get some fire power huge!

An asset on the bench for the playoffs huge mistake.

Marty on the bench is very valuable. FWIW, marty and miller seem to be a good pair this season. Neither has shown any type of threatened attitude when the other starts, and they're both great when called upon. Marty will be valuable in the playoffs to help "coach" miller or fill in if miller struggles. Now, neither has playoff experience, but miller is the more green of the two. It's always good to have an established backup than noronen, who really is an unknown. Marty will only go if the other team offers the house. Noronen on the other hand can be used to add draft depth to the team for next year.

Marty on the bench is very valuable. FWIW, marty and miller seem to be a good pair this season. Neither has shown any type of threatened attitude when the other starts, and they're both great when called upon. Marty will be valuable in the playoffs to help "coach" miller or fill in if miller struggles. Now, neither has playoff experience, but miller is the more green of the two. It's always good to have an established backup than noronen, who really is an unknown. Marty will only go if the other team offers the house. Noronen on the other hand can be used to add draft depth to the team for next year.

I agree that Marty should be traded. But if we don't get the right deal, I am not going to lose any sleep over it. If Ottawa wants to pick up Bertuzzi, they can go do that. He is not a good fit for our team...and judging by his lack of discipline, he will probably take a dumb penalty in overtime of game 7. On the ensuing PP the Sabres will win the game.

i am not huge on bertuzzi either but i think a change of scenery some humbling by our guys and that can all change my point just being Biron isn't saving any pucks on the bench

Well Todd, for once you and I agree on something, Biron should be moved. Minus my reservations about Bertuzzi...I don't think going after any forwards is a good idea until we have solidified the blue line.

EDIT: Change Minus to read "In addition to my reservations about Bertuzzi."

What does Martin Biron do for us sitting on our bench??(atleast we have him to shake hands)

Picture this, game 2 of the stanley cup finals vs Detroit and Miller get's hurt :o What good is anyone on this team with Mika playing the next few games?

Don't forget, we still have Connolly out of the line up, and once he's back, he'll add alot to the team.

what good would the devils have been without brodeur. injuries happen, if we made it that far and miller got hurt you just have to deal with it. how much longer is it worth carrying a 2M+ backup goalie on a team that doesn't have a lot of money to spend. It could be used elsewhere (d-man).

what good would the devils have been without brodeur. injuries happen, if we made it that far and miller got hurt you just have to deal with it. how much longer is it worth carrying a 2M+ backup goalie on a team that doesn't have a lot of money to spend. It could be used elsewhere (d-man).

Who was Brodeur's backup?

Did he ever win 13 in a row?

I like Miller. But lets not forget Marty has gotten this team 32 out of the 83 points. Without those points the Sabres are on the outside looking in.

If we don't trade martin biron it could go down as the biggest mistake in sabres Gm history.

I know you people think we shouldn't trade him and what a huge mistake it could be

I vote this post one of the dumbest in forum history.

PTR

Hold on just a second. Before we all go assuming that Darcy just needs to pick up the phone and presto, he's got Bertuzzi in exchange for Marty plus either a non-core forward or a pick, let's remember that this whole Bertuzzi rumor came from some guy on CNNSI randomly speculating that HE thought the trade made sense. There were no quotes or even any anonymous whispers supporting the theory -- just some guy ruminating about it.

Before we go criticizing Darcy for not trading Marty, let's remember that there needs to be a trading partner offering something worth taking. Bertuzzi? Maybe, although most of what you hear about him makes me want to pass. A 2nd round pick? I'd rather keep Marty as playoff insurance. A true top 4 d-man? Now you're talking, but I'm skeptical that this will be available.

I'm not willing to seriously entertain statements that "we could have had X, Y and Z for Marty but Darcy didn't try" unless and until someone produces a link to a rock-solid attributed quote from another team's GM (not an agent) saying that they offered X, Y or Z for Biron but we said no. Repeating rumors from other websites and speculation from hockey writers doesn't mean anything. Let's remember that the rest of the league has had plenty of time to see Marty and make up its mind as to whether they want him to be their #1 guy.

And here's something else: I like this team a hell of a lot just the way it is and if we go into the playoffs without making any moves, that is fine with me. F--- you, Ottawa. We are ready.

(Although I am a little worried about Miller -- he hasn't looked that great since the break.)

Go Sabres.

"Biggest mistake" is a real reach. Mika, with some games under his belt, is probably a far superior goalie to Biron, the streak artist who cannot stop breakaways and will hurt you in shootouts. I'd love to see Biron, and perhaps a forward, traded for Brendan Witt.

"Biggest mistake" is a real reach. Mika, with some games under his belt, is probably a far superior goalie to Biron, the streak artist who cannot stop breakaways and will hurt you in shootouts. I'd love to see Biron, and perhaps a forward, traded for Brendan Witt.

Allan, I don't watch many Caps games but I'd imagine that you do. I've been hearing a lot of people (here and elsewhere) stating they think Witt is too slow for the "new NHL". He's only a -5 on a team that's been outscored by 60 goals, so I don't know how accurate that assessment is. I think he would be a decent pick up, but would like to know what are your thoughts on this? Is he getting beat a lot but Olie is bailing him out or is he still solid?

(Although I am a little worried about Miller -- he hasn't looked that great since the break.)

GAA= 2.34

SV%= .905

I wouldn't really worry yet. I am sure the Atlanta game can be contributed to rust. He wasn't rusty coming back from his injury because of his reconditioning stint (where he didn't have a great first game in Rochester). Take away that game, and his numbers are:

GAA= 2.00

SV% .920

Not enough games to have a good sample, but the point I am trying to make is you worry too much. :)

Archived