Does Darcy ever really listen to what Lindy is saying?

LabattBlue

If I recall correctly, the reviews started to turn for the worse when the "tools needed to get the job done" were lost in delivery.

As Kristian states, they paid Hasek and no one else, much lie when Ralph gave Simpson the loot and screwed the rest of the team.

How many $7.5 million ($9 million was indeed the option year in 01-02) players is a team going to have? IIRC, the Sabres had a year or two under the Rigases where they were in the top 10 in salaries. I'd have to look it up, but other players had to be getting some decent money. Zhitnik, Satan, Peca...

How many $7.5 million ($9 million was indeed the option year in 01-02) players is a team going to have? IIRC, the Sabres had a year or two under the Rigases where they were in the top 10 in salaries. I'd have to look it up, but other players had to be getting some decent money. Zhitnik, Satan, Peca...

Satan made 3.5 or so before getting 5 in his last contract here. This was after Hasek.

Peca made less than 2 before his contract expired, and the Sabres offered him 2.4. A contract similar to Lehtinens.

I don't recall what Zhitnik made, but I remember his agent asking for "Hamrlik money" for his last contract here. Hamrlik was making around 4 at the time, and Zhitnik's contract ended up short of that.

A guess would be around 3.2-3.5.

These were the highest paid guys on the team after Hasek, and while Hasek was here, their contracts were quite cheap.

I admit, this is from memory only, but I don't think I'm all that far off.

I can't say for certain, but I would be shocked if this were true. Remember, the Rigases owned the team for only about 5 years and its was mostly Hasek and a lot of young grinders.

The Rangers and other "big market" teams were paying in excess of $60 million back then.

Do the Sabres always have to be dictated to? Is there no coaching response to what the Devils were coaching? None whatsoever?

It just feels like Ruff throws up his hands before selected games, and the players follow suit.

This probably goes back to the lack of innovation comment the other day.

Now, if it's true that New Jersey and other teams utilize a defensive scheme that cannot be answered (I doubt it), maybe the league should step in and make such schemes illegal. The NFL and NBA have done it for years to keep scoring up and the games interesting.

Is it me? I could be wrong, but I'm getting the feeling you aren't a fan of Lindy Ruff?? :rolleyes:

Is it me? I could be wrong, but I'm getting the feeling you aren't a fan of Lindy Ruff?? :rolleyes:

Honestly, I like Lindy. I liked him as a player too. He's a very good coach. The clock runs out on all coaches though.

Seriously, start paying attention to Lindy's comments leading up to a game.

They were typically in 15-low 20's range during the Rigas years. You are probably thinking of when they were top 3 1 year at the beginning of the Muckler years.

They were typically in 15-low 20's range during the Rigas years. You are probably thinking of when they were top 3 1 year at the beginning of the Muckler years.

11th in 2000-2001.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2000-01

This is the first year that USA Today lists.

Here's another possibly useful site, although it lists Hasek's option year at $8 million -- which may not be right.

http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/bizdb/nhl-salaries-search.htm

11th in 2000-2001.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2000-01

This is the first year that USA Today lists.

Here's another possibly useful site, although it lists Hasek's option year at $8 million -- which may not be right.

http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/bizdb/nhl-salaries-search.htm

The data I saw has them 14th in '00-'01.

Weighting for players that were traded in season may account for the discrepancy.

Archived