Flu Updates?

Trey

Has anyone heard anything new on the flu/h1n1 going around the locker room? I haven't heard a peep since Saturday. Are the guys getting better? Anyone else come down with anything in the past few days? Did they determine it was h1n1, or just the standard "I want to die" flu?

Granted, most of you have the same access to news as me (the Internet), but I was thinking that someone might have made a practice and noticed who was or was not skating...or maybe someone has an inside scoop. Thanks!

H1N1 sucked. I would have rather had the regular flu. The actual sickness part isn't so bad, but the two-three weeks of congestion afterward is ridiculous. They'll be able to play hockey no problem, but I wouldn't want to be the one mopping the bench after the game. :sick:

H1N1 sucked. I would have rather had the regular flu. The actual sickness part isn't so bad, but the two-three weeks of congestion afterward is ridiculous. They'll be able to play hockey no problem, but I wouldn't want to be the one mopping the bench after the game. :sick:

I'm still trying to figure out if I had that or the regular flu.

I ran a fever for a day or two, with that typical body-soreness. Was pretty sure I was getting better on day 3, yet that damn congestion and headache stayed with me for almost 3 full weeks.

I'm still trying to figure out if I had that or the regular flu.

I ran a fever for a day or two, with that typical body-soreness. Was pretty sure I was getting better on day 3, yet that damn congestion and headache stayed with me for almost 3 full weeks.

That's pretty much it. Your symptoms sound just like mine. I woke up sick one day, that night I had a fever, threw up once. Had that soreness for a few days, it went away, came back again, and then went to the congestion, which lasted several weeks. It was super annoying.

It wasn't that bad actually. I had it back in late sept., early october. It hit me hard at first for a day and then it was basically the sniffles for the next week. I would rather not be sick over anything but the regular flu is a lot milder.

Is it possible to get the flu twice in one year? Is it normal? has anyone ever been in that situation?

Also did anybody here get the vaccine? does it have any side effects?

It's possible to catch different strains of flu in one season, yes.

Especially right after recovering from one strain, as your immune system is weakened.

Often, what we think is the aftermath of the flu or a cold can just as easily by a different virus going to work, we just don't realise it.

It is very uncommon to have the same flu twice in one season and, as I understand it, would require the virus to mutate in an abnormal fashion.♦

Is it possible to get the flu twice in one year? Is it normal? has anyone ever been in that situation?

Also did anybody here get the vaccine? does it have any side effects?

We stood in line for 3 and a half freakin hours two Saturdays ago to get our kids the H1N1 flu mist. No side effects.. Last night the kids folders come home and their school is giving it away free on Wednesday.. Grumble..Grumble..grumble..

Archived