One guy I think we could use to keep the fire!

navybillsfan

#8 Mark Recchi | RW

SPLIT GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG SPCT PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG GTG ATOI PROD

2005-06 61 24 32 56 -30 54 160 15.0 11 19 0 2 2 0 21.19 23:05

I think he would be great as a Sabre, guy plays with tons of heart and a Drury, Vanek, Recchi line would RULE!

No goalie is needed to make this deal, Pittsburgh is cleaning house.... Second round pick will do it.

In the old NHL, I really wanted to see Recchi in a 'Bres uniform.

However, today, I'm not sure Recchi is:

1) humble enough to positively affect team chemistry

2) fast/young enough to keep up with our team motto: "Skate first, shoot later."

Would he do terribly here? No.

Would he scram our team chemistry or be a puck hog? I doubt it.

Are there better players for the price? Probably.

When I read your post title I was almost certain that you were going to say STU BARNES.

Then I find out you were refering to Recchi. That was a huge letdown.

As someone else put it, five years ago I'd love to have him here. But now, I don't want him anywhere near this team.

When I read your post title I was almost certain that you were going to say STU BARNES.

Then I find out you were refering to Recchi. That was a huge letdown.

As someone else put it, five years ago I'd love to have him here. But now, I don't want him anywhere near this team.

I miss Stu. He was my favorite player for so long, especially as a Sabre.

I still have his black Sabres jersey.

#8 Mark Recchi | RW

SPLIT GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG SPCT PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG GTG ATOI PROD

2005-06 61 24 32 56 -30 54 160 15.0 11 19 0 2 2 0 21.19 23:05

I think he would be great as a Sabre, guy plays with tons of heart and a Drury, Vanek, Recchi line would RULE!

No goalie is needed to make this deal, Pittsburgh is cleaning house.... Second round pick will do it.

I stated going after Recchi in a post on twobillsdrive. I like the move. He is a perfect fit for the type of team we have right now. Who to bench or trade is the only question. Grier or Pyatt if the Pens were willing.

I've been thinking lately that some more veteran presence in the forward ranks might be beneficial when it comes to the playoff grind, so I wouldnt be totally against having recchi come here. Of course that would cause even more of a logjam of forwards, but perhaps a couple would be headed out in our pursuit of that last D-man.

I've been thinking lately that some more veteran presence in the forward ranks might be beneficial when it comes to the playoff grind, so I wouldnt be totally against having recchi come here. Of course that would cause even more of a logjam of forwards, but perhaps a couple would be headed out in our pursuit of that last D-man.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Drury and Grier veterans? Hasn't Drury won the Stanley Cup?

Defense Defense Defense! Did anyone see how bad Fitz looked last night?

How about Brendan Witt? He's one tough SOB, and would look good on our blueline.

I don't like Grier. If you could make a trade or trades where the end result was Recchi here, Grier gone, I think the Sabres chances to win increase by a significant margin.

I think it's a given that a deal is going to be done for blue-line help, that'll be a priority, a little forward tweaking may help too, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Drury and Grier veterans? Hasn't Drury won the Stanley Cup?

Defense Defense Defense! Did anyone see how bad Fitz looked last night?

How about Brendan Witt? He's one tough SOB, and would look good on our blueline.

I would love to see Witt in a Sabres uniform. Washington supposodly had scouts at our game last night:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060308/2058814.asp

I know he was opposed to coming here in the off season, but I hope our recent success has been enough to change his mind!

I did not say that we did not have veteran presence, rather that I think it would be beneficial to have a bit more, everyone knows that we could use a defenseman, but I believe aside from that we could still improve our team with a veteran forward.

Archived