Mancari signed....

wildcat48

This was a stupid game that he was playing. He has absolutely no leverage in this negotiation, and he wants to hold out for a one-way deal. If you want to make it to the NHL, missing camp is not the best way to do so.

Having said that, if you look at it from his perspective, I can kind of understand where he's coming from and how frustrated he must be. He's one of the longest tenured prospects within the Sabres organization. He believes he's done everything he can in the AHL and has consistently led the team in scoring over the last two seasons. But he's getting passed over by guys like Clarke MacArthur and guys who just now came into the system like Gerbe and Kennedy, and was even passed over once by Gragnani as a forward. And given the guys who are getting NHL looks ahead of him, you question whether they are better than him. Gerbe and Kennedy are more talented, but they haven't outshown him at the professional level, yet. And, while I think MacArthur is better an argument could be made for Mancari there as well. So, he's probably frustrated and realizes he doesn't have much chance to crack the Sabres roster unless there is an injury at right wing because the Sabres have so many forwards. While I think his tactic was stupid, I can see why he might be frustrated because he's the best player on the AHL team, but hasn't been given a legitimate chance at the NHL level.

This was a stupid game that he was playing. He has absolutely no leverage in this negotiation, and he wants to hold out for a one-way deal. If you want to make it to the NHL, missing camp is not the best way to do so.

Having said that, if you look at it from his perspective, I can kind of understand where he's coming from and how frustrated he must be. He's one of the longest tenured prospects within the Sabres organization. He believes he's done everything he can in the AHL and has consistently led the team in scoring over the last two seasons. But he's getting passed over by guys like Clarke MacArthur and guys who just now came into the system like Gerbe and Kennedy, and was even passed over once by Gragnani as a forward. And given the guys who are getting NHL looks ahead of him, you question whether they are better than him. Gerbe and Kennedy are more talented, but they haven't outshown him at the professional level, yet. And, while I think MacArthur is better an argument could be made for Mancari there as well. So, he's probably frustrated and realizes he doesn't have much chance to crack the Sabres roster unless there is an injury at right wing because the Sabres have so many forwards. While I think his tactic was stupid, I can see why he might be frustrated because he's the best player on the AHL team, but hasn't been given a legitimate chance at the NHL level.

My thoughts exactly. Frustratin mounts when you've done all you can at the AHL level and your never given a chance to make the big club. You would think,that in an oraganization like the Sabres. Where size up front has been a question mark for 4 years now,that a chance for someone like Mancari would turn into a huge oppurtunity. Even as a fourth line grinder to install some work ethic. Instead slackers like the General and Paille take up roster spots.

Mancari your a fool why in the hell would you holdout until almost the end of training camp to get a deal. Instead of working hard all summer and maybe work on your skating and work ethic you might be on a team full-time. Now you report by the end of camp and go right to Portland. If you would work like you did in the first two games of your call up you might make an NHL team but sitting out leaves you no chance at making this club out of training camp and gives you no levelage to get traded to another team. What were you and your agent thinking on this one I have no idea!!!!!

Good post that would certainly piss me off if I were him.

Archived