Sabres assign 14 to Portland

korab rules

Unhappy that Ennis didn't get more of a look. Kid really seems like a play maker.

I'm not too surprised. With the logjam at forward, including Gerbe and especially Kennedy, there wasn't much chance that they'd promote him straight to the bigs. That's not to say that he won't tear it up in the AHL and leapfrog those two and a starter to earn a spot during the early months, but I didn't think that they would do it from game 1.

I'm not too surprised. With the logjam at forward, including Gerbe and especially Kennedy, there wasn't much chance that they'd promote him straight to the bigs. That's not to say that he won't tear it up in the AHL and leapfrog those two and a starter to earn a spot during the early months, but I didn't think that they would do it from game 1.

That may very well happen. I was just hoping they would give him more of a chance to prove himself in the remaining pre-season games. Guess they want him to get acclimated to Portland, find an apartment, etc.

Agreed. Sabres are not ones to bring someone in right into the fire. They want their players to always be ready and that's been the way Regier and Ruff have worked since arriving to Buffalo. I can't remember one player under them who had played their first NHL game before appearing in an AHL game? Obviously Tyler Myers is probably going to break that streak, if not this year, then next. But, Ennis, did look good, but he still needs to play at a competitive level against men. He'll play in AHL and get a look mid-season i'm sure.

Couple of questions;

1) Did I miss their signing Legault.

2) Does the 33 players still listed in camp count Mancari or am I missing someone?

1 Thomas Vanek

2 Tim Connolly

3 Derek Roy

4 Jason Pominville

5 Drew Stafford

6 Adam Mair

7 Jochen Hecht

8 Pat Kaleta

9 Paul Gaustad

10 Dan Paille

11 Clarke MacArthur

12 Matt Ellis

13 Craig Rivet

14 Toni Lydman

15 Chris Butler

16 Hank Tallinder

17 Andrej Sekera

18 Nathan Paestch

19 Ryan Miller

20 Patrick Lalime

21 Nathan Gerbe

22 Tim Kennedy

23 Philip Gogulla

24 Feliz Schutz

25 Tyler Myers

26 Mike Weber

27 Marc Andre-Gragbnani

28 Jonas Enroth

29 Joe Dipenta

30 Cody McCormick

31 Jeff Cowan

32 Mike Grier

Just realized I am missing Montador. What an idiot!

I was wondering the same thing. I bet the Maine hockey writer (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment) would probably be the one who would know there.

... cue deluca

As far as I know Legault is still not signed and has the option of returning to the "Q" as an overage player.

Couple of questions;

1) Did I miss their signing Legault.

2) Does the 33 players still listed in camp count Mancari or am I missing someone?

1 Thomas Vanek

2 Tim Connolly

3 Derek Roy

4 Jason Pominville

5 Drew Stafford

6 Adam Mair

7 Jochen Hecht

8 Pat Kaleta

9 Paul Gaustad

10 Dan Paille

11 Clarke MacArthur

12 Matt Ellis

13 Craig Rivet

14 Toni Lydman

15 Chris Butler

16 Hank Tallinder

17 Andrej Sekera

18 Nathan Paestch

19 Ryan Miller

20 Patrick Lalime

21 Nathan Gerbe

22 Tim Kennedy

23 Philip Gogulla

24 Feliz Schutz

25 Tyler Myers

26 Mike Weber

27 Marc Andre-Gragbnani

28 Jonas Enroth

29 Joe Dipenta

30 Cody McCormick

31 Jeff Cowan

32 Mike Grier

Just realized I am missing Montador. What an idiot!

When is the next cut? How many are allowed on the final roster? Thanks!

Not sure what the max is, but OSP isn't paying guys to sit in the press box and collect NHL salaries. The Sabres will probably keep 2 extras(3 if you count Mair who is won't be ready to play on opening night).

The max roster is 23. Most teams tend to stay one below that though so they can save as much cap space as possible. So realisitically, I'd say you're looking at one reserve forward and one reserve defenseman.

Archived