Lindy Ruff?

deluca67

Listening to the radio this morning I heard a sound bite from Lindy Ruff talking about Drew Stafford and his need to find consistency in his game. I am not among the many that feel Lindy should go. I am however finding it difficult to name a player that has found consistency under Lindy Ruff. Certainly no player on the current roster can make that claim. Anyone care to try and name one?

Listening to the radio this morning I heard a sound bite from Lindy Ruff talking about Drew Stafford and his need to find consistency in his game. I am not among the many that feel Lindy should go. I am however finding it difficult to name a player that has found consistency under Lindy Ruff. Certainly no player on the current roster can make that claim. Anyone care to try and name one?

Roy has been pretty consistent. Oh and Peters.. Can't be any more consistent than that.... :rolleyes:

I think Danny Briere found consistency in his game here.

That said, I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone else. Current players? None.

Inconsistency is the biggest problem with this team over the last couple of years. Guys who are supposed to hit, come out like gangbusters for two games and then disappear for five or six. Scorers who can't figure out how to contribute when the puck isn't going in the net. A goalie who makes a tremendous save and then lets a soft goal in. Defensemen who for the most part refuse to play physical but at times show that they have what it takes.

Inconsistency is the biggest problem with this team over the last couple of years. Guys who are supposed to hit, come out like gangbusters for two games and then disappear for five or six. Scorers who can't figure out how to contribute when the puck isn't going in the net. A goalie who makes a tremendous save and then lets a soft goal in. Defensemen who for the most part refuse to play physical but at times show that they have what it takes.

Is this the result of too much familiarity in the locker room, guys afraid to call out a good friend for poor play? Half this team have been team mates for half a decade now. I chalk some of this up to a lack of leadership in the dressing room. There was less of this inconsistency when those who shall not be named were the co-captains. Coincidence?

I think these guys are reasonably consistent:

Kaleta -- but injury-prone and not yet a top-9 forward, so contributions are limited

Connolly -- but you-know-what

Gaustad -- but room for improvement

Mair -- but a marginal contributor

Rivet -- but he didn't grow up here

Lydman -- but bonehead turnovers are part of the pattern.

To DeLuca's point, what the Sabres really need is consistency from guys like Roy, Pommer, Vanek, Hecht, MacArthur, Paille, Butler, Sekera, Tallinder, etc.

Archived