Mark Mancari searching for a new team?

FearTheReaper

An article in the buffalo news touched on the topic of Mark Mancari's contract negotiation status.

It appears a prospect with little intention of being in Portland is forward Mark Mancari, a restricted free agent. The big winger has spent the past four years in the minors and is lobbying the forward-laden Sabres for a chance to play in the NHL somewhere.

“We’ve worked on that, but to no success, and so we’ll continue,” Regier said. “We’d love to have him as part of the organization and have him in training camp, but right now we don’t have a contract.”

It doesn't sound good to me. It seems as if Mark feels he's ready for the NHL and that he wont get his chance in Buffalo. I dont see any reason why he shouldn't be on the team this season. If Mancari signs elsewhere and were stuck with under performers like Paille and the general,it will be yet another plunder within this organization.

Throw Mark on a line with Goose and Grier. I think that line would be a force. Or to a lesser spot such as the 4th line. I dont understand why they wont give him a chance to play regularly. He would be a silent threat on the fourth line.

An article in the buffalo news touched on the topic of Mark Mancari's contract negotiation status.

It appears a prospect with little intention of being in Portland is forward Mark Mancari, a restricted free agent. The big winger has spent the past four years in the minors and is lobbying the forward-laden Sabres for a chance to play in the NHL somewhere.

“We’ve worked on that, but to no success, and so we’ll continue,” Regier said. “We’d love to have him as part of the organization and have him in training camp, but right now we don’t have a contract.”

It doesn't sound good to me. It seems as if Mark feels he's ready for the NHL and that he wont get his chance in Buffalo. I dont see any reason why he shouldn't be on the team this season. If Mancari signs elsewhere and were stuck with under performers like Paille and the general,it will be yet another plunder within this organization.

Throw Mark on a line with Goose and Grier. I think that line would be a force. Or to a lesser spot such as the 4th line. I dont understand why they wont give him a chance to play regularly. He would be a silent threat on the fourth line.

I'm not the thread police, but italics on the quoted seems relevant and easier to separate yours from theirs.

Anyhow, IMO Mancari could play in the NHL. The Sabres ended up with so many like him they don't need him ALL the time.

It's not so much about getting his shot with the Sabres as it is him wanting a one-way contract. He would've signed his qualifying offer two months ago, but it was a two-way deal.

Which I support. Mancari is a bit of disappointment and barely ranks as a call-up.

What Mancari offers in great size, skill, and a powerful shot is made up for with his lack of desire, consistency, and willingness to use his power in the corners. In the NHL, the talent level is too high to take a chance on a player that has developed a reputation for laziness.

In a way, though, I fault the Sabres management for mishandling him. They let him rot down in the AHL for too long when he was showing all the signs of readiness for the NHL, causing him to develop bad habits, grow frustrated and lose motivation. The same thing will start to happen to Weber and Kennedy now if they don't crack the roster this year. Meanwhile, stiffs like Tallinder and Hecht are taking up valuable roster spots, wasting the space that these guys should be promoted to fill.

If he's really sure that he's NHL ready and that one-way contract is out there for him, why isn't he just negotiating with other teams? Any deal that he'd get wouldn't be enough to require compensation. The Sabres wouldn't match any one-way offer for him since it's a near lock that he won't beat out the competition.

I dont understand why they wont give him a chance to play regularly. He would be a silent threat on the fourth line.

Because he's Kotalik-lite, and who really wants that?

Which I support. Mancari is a bit of disappointment and barely ranks as a call-up.

I agree with that except the bold part. Not sure anyone ever thought he'd be much of anything.

...when he was showing all the signs of readiness for the NHL...

...because he was domintaing AHL competition? Does the name Jody Gage ring a bell here?

I like Mancari he was good in his first two games with the team but after that you can see why he was sent down! He lacks desire bigtime. He doesn't use his body to his advantage and doesn't do the little things that are needed at the NHL Level. I don't understand how a guy that big can't throw his weight around but a guy like Gerbe will at least try to throw his body around. Mancari needs to stop being so lazy and earn a spot on the team. It's sad because he has a cannon of a shot and a big frame but no desire what so ever.

Archived