[OT] How did your summer hockey seasons go?

SDS

4-2 with an empty-netter at the end...

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/players-boxscore.html?gameid=1052786

I was 0-11 in all my playoff games going into this summer. With this team we won 3 and grabbed the division title. :thumbsup: No other team won more than 1 game in the playoffs due to how the brackets were constructed.

You got the game winner? So for the record, how many beers were consumed after the game and who drove u home?

My team missed the playoffs. Winning and losing has no bearing on how many beers are consumed after. They just taste better when you win...I think.

You got the game winner? So for the record, how many beers were consumed after the game and who drove u home?

Not quite Mike Eruzione, but I'll take it... :thumbsup:

I snagged a turnover at the blueline, wheeled around to the right faceoff circle and took a slapshot that deflected off of a defenseman's stick into the top right corner to make it 3-1. Funny thing is that when I skated to the bench and I looked up at the score and the clock - I thought quietly to myself, "that's going to be the game winner..."

Of all the teams I have played on, this team drinks the least beer. Several don't drink at all, so maybe 10 of us drank a case and headed home. It was late Wednesday night, so quite a few get home to try and get some sleep.

I just completed my first season ever without scoring a single goal. Thanks for asking. :death:

Maybe if I hadn't been stuck playing defense half the year thanks to being short players all the time, it would've been different.

Scoring wise - this season was just terrible for me. I put myself on the 3rd line because I couldn't justify anything more to my teammates. Needless to say, having our 3rd line score the tying and game-winning goals was unexpected and very nice.

Scoring wise - this season was just terrible for me. I put myself on the 3rd line because I couldn't justify anything more to my teammates. Needless to say, having our 3rd line score the tying and game-winning goals was unexpected and very nice.

I did send the worst player on the team off on a breakaway where he actually scored though. That was the only highlight of the season. But hey, it's not over yet. We're stuck with a 10:50 playoff game on thursday. That time is absolutely absurd. And it's the crappiest rink we play at (the league uses 6 or 7 rinks).

Nice going. Our team failed miserably. We won 4 out of our last 5 to finish at 500, but then got smeared by the second place team in the first round 1-7. It was frustrating because we had our center jumping up too much on the play and our wingers didn't get back. We played better when our wingers mucked and the centers played back. We gave up too many 3 on 2s and 3 on 1s.

Archived