Adam Mair surgery

Mbossy

Doesn't sound like he will miss as much time as I thought based on what had been previously said. Of course, that is a minimum of six weeks, so it could be longer, but I'd guess that Adam isn't the type the nurse an injury any longer than he has to. I wonder if Craig will have to jump in to "protect" Adam again when he gets back.

There's a real log jam at forward heading into the pre-season, so this injury will be seen as good news for kids like Kennedy and Gerbe hoping to land a roster spot. McCormick is another who may benefit from Mair's absence.

Possible line-up:

Vanek/Connolly/Pominville

Kennedy/Roy/Stafford

MacArthur/Gaustad/Grier

Paille/McCormick/Kaleta

Bench: Hecht (God willing he'll be gone, but this is probably the best I can hope for)

The question that needs to be asked is why he waited until this long to have the surgery?

Outstanding point. Maybe it was something that off season training slowly aggravated, so that the necessity for surgery wasn't apparent until now. Then again, maybe he didn't want to spend his summer rehabbing from a surgery.

I HATE these cusp of the season surgeries. Byrd, a bills draft pick, did the same damn thing, and Crowell last year.

Ellis is a capable stand in for Mair, but is not a pugilist

MAIR UNDERGOES SURGERY is the screaming, and I mean screaming, headline on sabres.com. Who exactly are the Sabres trying to convince that they're getting "weaker, softer, pansier, nicer"?

post-1053-12519799860468_thumb.jpg

:nana: PA

(Ref: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/15597-sabres-sign-jeff-cowan/page__view__findpost__p__161618)

Archived