Fleury goes nuts!!

bottlecap

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157423&hubname=nhl

Fleury shot a puck at a ref in the last minute of a game in the Brit leagues--

missed the guy's head by inches. Earlier in the game, he got a penalty for

elbowing and refused to go to the box. Then later he got a match penalty,

threatened the officials, and got another match penalty.

He was kicked out of a game 1/10 for getting into a fight with fans.

In 35 games this year at Belfast, he has 22 goals, 55 assists and 217 PIMS!

(maybe there's room for Hasek in that league?) :blink: :blink: :blink:

I always loved Theo because he wasn't afraid of anyone, even though he is only 5'6 and barely 180 lbs. He was awesome on the Flames. I found his antics with the Rangers a few years back really amusing, but now he is 37 and is acting like a whiney midget-level player. It annoys me that he couldnt get himself together and make a legit comeback and the NHL. He just embarasses himself now.

He's been through a lot and needs proper help. In case you guys didn't know he was one of the other players abused by that coach that molested Sheldon Kennedy way back when. He supressed most of his problems with drinking, but when Sheldon went public with the abuse, Theo began to unravel and has never been the same since.

Fleury was always my idol, even though I've always been a die hard Sabres fan. It's sad his image has been tarnished so much, most of it brought on by himself. I met him once, while he was still a flame, back in 1997 or so, and was honestly one of the nicest guys in the world. He signed my Fleury jersey for me and stood around and talked to me for a good 10 minutes while the team bus waited for him. It's sad he's doing this to himself. He beat the odds to even get to the NHL, won a cup, was a helluva player for a good while, and battled with Crohn's disease. Regardless of his antics and personal problems, he'll always be my all-time favorite player.

Fleury was always my idol, even though I've always been a die hard Sabres fan. It's sad his image has been tarnished so much, most of it brought on by himself. I met him once, while he was still a flame, back in 1997 or so, and was honestly one of the nicest guys in the world. He signed my Fleury jersey for me and stood around and talked to me for a good 10 minutes while the team bus waited for him. It's sad he's doing this to himself. He beat the odds to even get to the NHL, won a cup, was a helluva player for a good while, and battled with Crohn's disease. Regardless of his antics and personal problems, he'll always be my all-time favorite player.

Awesome! That was well said. Its a tie between him, Wendel Clark, and LaFontaine for my all-time favorites. I have the book on Fleury and he has been through alot of crap but obviously it has taken its toll on him. I think there are more haters that lovers out there, but I will always respect him for standing up to people and playing hard dispite his size. It takes guts to do that.

I always loved Theo because he wasn't afraid of anyone, even though he is only 5'6 and barely 180 lbs. He was awesome on the Flames. I found his antics with the Rangers a few years back really amusing, but now he is 37 and is acting like a whiney midget-level player. It annoys me that he couldnt get himself together and make a legit comeback and the NHL. He just embarasses himself now.

Sorta reminds me of Ken Corp of the Buffalo Wings, without the personal issues.

As for "getting it together", i'll give you a pass at that one. It annoys me that he's shooting pucks at refs and attempting to injure other people. That's not right. In his defense though, fleury has an honest to god psychological disorder caused by abuse. This lead to the physiological disorder of alcoholism. Between those two, and the either lack of help or lack of effective help, theo's probably a completely warped human being. It's a sad case. I guess the real lesson here is don't abuse children. This guy will continue to be a trainwreck till his family, teammates, coaches, friends, etc. can get him some effective and lasting treatment. There's plenty of recovering alcoholics and abuse victims that are positive members of society. Unfortunately, there's far more alcoholics and abuse victims who wind up dead.

Basically, theo has to account for his actions, but he's absolutely not entirely to blame for all the negative behavior he's shown.

With that said, i can't stand the guy on ice. HE's like 100x the pest that matt barnaby ever dreamed of being.

Archived