Best Sabre Game I ever went to

bottlecap

Dec 21, 1975...Sabres 14 - Capitals 2.

The Sabres scored 40 points in that game, setting a new NHL record. You wouldn't believe the Aud...people were going nuts.

11...12...13... we want 14! 5 goals vs in 4:57...Martin with 4, Stanfield with 3 and Danny Gare with 5 points. Exiting the Aud,

I thought I'd be able to fly home.

Truly the Crapitals that year was the worst NHL team I ever saw (11-59-10) EXCEPT 1974-5 when they went 8-67-5, setting

an NHL record for fewest wins and points. (21) Even the California Golden Seals were beating up on them. And who was on this 75-6 team? Bill (-30) Clement, Gerry Meehan, and Nelson Pyatt. I lost all respect for that franchise that day. (Wishing you well Bill).

Anyone else there at that game? Box score anyone?

Dec 21, 1975...Sabres 14 - Capitals 2.

The Sabres scored 40 points in that game, setting a new NHL record. You wouldn't believe the Aud...people were going nuts.

11...12...13... we want 14! 5 goals vs in 4:57...Martin with 4, Stanfield with 3 and Danny Gare with 5 points. Exiting the Aud,

I thought I'd be able to fly home.

Truly the Crapitals that year was the worst NHL team I ever saw (11-59-10) EXCEPT 1974-5 when they went 8-67-5, setting

an NHL record for fewest wins and points. (21) Even the California Golden Seals were beating up on them. And who was on this 75-6 team? Bill (-30) Clement, Gerry Meehan, and Nelson Pyatt. I lost all respect for that franchise that day. (Wishing you well Bill).

Anyone else there at that game? Box score anyone?

As mentioned in the '30 in 30' thread, that was the 1st of 2 3 games I went to that season.

Absolutely unreal.

The playoff game with St Louis in '75 or '76 when Don Luce scored the winning goal in OT to take the series

OR

The first playoff game against the Flyers in 2006 that we won 3-2 in dbl OT that included the Umberger hit

I was at the Flyers playoff game - I have never before heard the arena that loud before. It was an awesome game. I was supposed to be in club seats but arrived early. I snagged a table at the Harbor Club that was one table over from being in the middle of that end. I was joined by some people who actually knew Keith Primeau - they brought him to the table between the 2nd and 3rd periods (he was injured and not dressed) and tried to convince me to give up my seat for him. I kindly shook his hand, smiled and said no. :pirate: Hey I was having a great time at that table with the people around me.

Great game and great experience.

I was at the Flyers playoff game - I have never before heard the arena that loud before. It was an awesome game. I was supposed to be in club seats but arrived early. I snagged a table at the Harbor Club that was one table over from being in the middle of that end. I was joined by some people who actually knew Keith Primeau - they brought him to the table between the 2nd and 3rd periods (he was injured and not dressed) and tried to convince me to give up my seat for him. I kindly shook his hand, smiled and said no. :pirate: Hey I was having a great time at that table with the people around me.

Great game and great experience.

I agree on the loudness inside but it carried on outside with the cheering and horn honking for an eternity.

Anyone remember comeback versus Bruins at Aud in January or February 83? I know it goes back a ways...Buffalo trailed 5-1 and pulled it out; rivalry was particularly heated at the time too.

I remember that game but thought it was 6 to 1. I know they won 7 to 6 and Mal Davis scored the game winner after almost running on his skates along the boards to get around the bruins defenseman.

I was at all of the playoff games from 05 through 07 so those games were great. The Toronto playoff game from '98 when they scored 4 goals in the second period was awesome as well but the game i remember most was a regular season game during the early 70's when a brawl broke out at the 23 second mark and 6 players were ejected. The referees forgot to throw out Tracy Pratt and he was tossed about a minute after the fact. The game is also remebered because Don Luce had a break away on the empty net and Doug Favell threw his stick from the bench and Luce missed the net but was awarded the goal anyway.

Anyone remember comeback versus Bruins at Aud in January or February 83? I know it goes back a ways...Buffalo trailed 5-1 and pulled it out; rivalry was particularly heated at the time too.

I think it was 6-1 well into the second period. I have the goals on tape. Rick is aneurysmal. Mal Davis got the winner in the third!

I was only two, so I certainly don't remember that game. Man, I didn't even know who the Buffalo Sabres were, even though my dad made sure I was dressed in some type of Buffalo Sabres/Bills clothing. I am now doing that w/ my daughter, 21 months old, and son, 1 month old, and my wife does not care for it. Maybe I married the wrong girl? lol

I know this is getting off topic, but does anyone know the average age for people who come to this board regularly? I'm 28...damn where are the years going? No offense to the younglings in their 50's.

I was only two, so I certainly don't remember that game. Man, I didn't even know who the Buffalo Sabres were, even though my dad made sure I was dressed in some type of Buffalo Sabres/Bills clothing. I am now doing that w/ my daughter, 21 months old, and son, 1 month old, and my wife does not care for it. Maybe I married the wrong girl? lol

I know this is getting off topic, but does anyone know the average age for people who come to this board regularly? I'm 28...damn where are the years going? No offense to the younglings in their 50's.

I don't remember the specifics, but there was a poll last year (?) that showed the age distribution strongly skewed to the 30s-40s set.

I don't remember the specifics, but there was a poll last year (?) that showed the age distribution strongly skewed to the 30s-40s set.

W/ the postings being done by regulars, I guess the question has been answered. Thanks PASabreFan. ;)

I think it was 6-1 well into the second period. I have the goals on tape. Rick is aneurysmal. Mal Davis got the winner in the third!

it was midway thru the 2nd period,score was 6-1 bruins. i started shouting lets go buffalo (really) seconds later tony mckegney scored on a low slapshot from the blue line that hit the bottom of the net making a loud noise that electrified the aud crowd. it was 6-5 at end of 2nd period.sabres scored twice in 3rd to win 7-6. it was awsome.

I remember that game but thought it was 6 to 1. I know they won 7 to 6 and Mal Davis scored the game winner after almost running on his skates along the boards to get around the bruins defenseman.

I was at all of the playoff games from 05 through 07 so those games were great. The Toronto playoff game from '98 when they scored 4 goals in the second period was awesome as well but the game i remember most was a regular season game during the early 70's when a brawl broke out at the 23 second mark and 6 players were ejected. The referees forgot to throw out Tracy Pratt and he was tossed about a minute after the fact. The game is also remebered because Don Luce had a break away on the empty net and Doug Favell threw his stick from the bench and Luce missed the net but was awarded the goal anyway.

[/qu

[/qu

I was at that flyers game! I was like 10yrs old. Favell had that ugly red mask. Don Luce did miss the empty net but the whole flyers bench threw their sticks at Luce making him miss. It was pretty funny.

Any way you could get that on Utube? or send me a copy of the tape?

It's audio of course. I'll have to look into transferring from tape to computer and posting them somewhere. I used to be able to do it by holding my computer mic up to the cassette player. Then I had a cable that connected the player and the computer. You could record directly while it played. Now I have a new Mac. I'll have to relearn how to do it. I know there was some software involved too. I guess an easier approach might be to convert the cassettes into CDs. I have a treasure trove from 82 and 83 especially.

Archived