Shane Doan?

VansTheMans

A dreamer's aspiration, but I'd love to see Shane Doan on this team.

He's a big, physical two way player that can notch nearly 30 goals a season. He's a leader and a team player. Not to mention, his cap hit is only $4,550,000 per year. At that price, he'd be a steal. He's 32, and is under contract for 3 more seasons, which works perfectly. He still has some good hokey left in him.

He has the skill and all the intangibles that the Sabres need: size + power, two way play and leadership.

He'd round out our top six very nicely.

I'm not even sure what Phoenix would want in return, nor if they would even consider trading their captain. However, due to the uncertainty of the Coyotes right now, it may be worth at least an attempt to trade for him. Take a run at him and see what happens. :thumbsup:

Vans:

Indeed a perfect fit for Buffalo.

And considering the insanly small cap hit he has,it would be a huge steal for us. The coyotes seen something in Kalinin so prehaps this isn't an impossible trade idea.The coyotes are rebuilding there team and would be looking for some young guys. Or perhaps 2 proven players. Any chance we could get Doan for Tallinder and Hecht? Hell,throw in a pick or another player if you got to.

But with the management we have on our team,its nothing more than a dream.

Wouldn't that be something though? We acquire Shane Doan and 2 million free space. He would make us an instant contender.

Vanek-Connolly-Doan

!!!???!!!

My lord

This thread should be closed before any of us die of broken hearts.

Yea, I think Doan could develop to be somewhat of a mentor for Vanek as well. In another thread, we had interesting discussions regarding Vanek's progression as a 2 way player. Doan could be an exceptional mentor for Vanek to look up to in that regard.

I'd be willing to part with potentially Stafford, Tallinder and a pick to acquire Doan.

I'd have to think he'd be excited to come play for a "hockey city".

1. Phoenix isn't trading their captain.

2. The Sabres can't accommodate a $4.5MM guy unless they unload about $8MM in salary.

3. There are a lot of guys who everyone would be psyched to have on the Sabres. Why not pine away for Ovechkin?

1. Phoenix isn't trading their captain.

2. The Sabres can't accommodate a $4.5MM guy unless they unload about $8MM in salary.

3. There are a lot of guys who everyone would be psyched to have on the Sabres. Why not pine away for Ovechkin?

Well because if we follow what you said in point 2 of your response, the Sabres would have to unload about 16 million to acquire Ovie ;)

And considering the insanly small cap hit he has,it would be a huge steal for us. The coyotes seen something in Kalinin so prehaps this isn't an impossible trade idea.

The Rangers needed to dump some salary to make room for Morris. He was simply a throw in. A team on the outside looking in doesn't bring in a guy on a one year deal like that for any other reason.

Or perhaps 2 proven players. Any chance we could get Doan for Tallinder and Hecht? Hell,throw in a pick or another player if you got to.
I'd be willing to part with potentially Stafford, Tallinder and a pick to acquire Doan.

Wow, you guys are so generous.

If you were Phoenix, what would you want for the leader of your team? An all out players who hits, scores and plays defense and is relatively inexpensive? Maybe the price is a little lower given their financial position, but remember that there are 28 other teams out there. Every one of them would love to have Doan and many could put together a much better package than Tallinder and Hecht/Stafford, even with picks.

Wow, you guys are so generous.

If you were Phoenix, what would you want for the leader of your team? An all out players who hits, scores and plays defense and is relatively inexpensive? Maybe the price is a little lower given their financial position, but remember that there are 28 other teams out there. Every one of them would love to have Doan and many could put together a much better package than Tallinder and Hecht/Stafford, even with picks.

I'd say something along the lines of Pominville, Kassian and a first rounder could get it done. That would do it, but these fantasy land GM threads are the bane of my existence. One of these threads is started every other day. We get it. Fans want good players on the Sabres, but offering Hecht and Tallinder? Come on...

I'd say something along the lines of Pominville, Kassian and a first rounder could get it done. That would do it, but these fantasy land GM threads are the bane of my existence. One of these threads is started every other day. We get it. Fans want good players on the Sabres, but offering Hecht and Tallinder? Come on...

outstanding.

But how about Hecht and a third-rounder for Shea Weber?

Don't respond then...

I can't see giving up Kassian, but I think the Sabres have a lot to offer. Any of the munchkins (Roy or Gerbe or Kennedy, etc) along with Poms or Stafford. That would give them help now along with promise in the future. Management needs to not fall in love with their draft picks.

Don't respond then...

I can't see giving up Kassian, but I think the Sabres have a lot to offer. Any of the munchkins (Roy or Gerbe or Kennedy, etc) along with Poms or Stafford. That would give them help now along with promise in the future. Management needs to not fall in love with their draft picks.

I find the ignorance hard to resist. If you don't want to give up real prospects or players, you aren't going to get one in return. Roy and Stafford could certainly work but I'm confused as to why you lopped Roy in with guys who could turn out to be Brian Holzinger and Jason Dawe.

Archived