How is Myers going to make the team

Derrico

I'd say adding Kunitz and Guerin to the top six and taking Satan out was the big spark. A change in play style (from the coach) probably didn't hurt, either.

Way to make coaching an afterthought. Making the switch behind the bench was THE critical move of the Pens' season. I'm pretty sure just about every player from Crosby on down has acknowledged that, along with Thomas Vanek.

This thread title should read " How is Myers NOT going to make the team, with the current Dmen that we have".

Exactly.

The thing is this. Some teams put kids in the lineup "hoping" they will be able to make the transition. Many times a young player has been stunted because of this and it hasn't helped him long term.

I believe that if Myers goes back to Kelowna (where I live) that's great for the fans of the Rockets, but does little for Myers development imo. I think him going back to juniors would be like the team that tried to bring a young kid up and hope he can do it scenario. Myers going back to junior will not help his game. He dominates in the WHL and I think him coming back will put him on the road of boredom and losing sharpness in his game. He's done the junior thing. He's gotta play in the NHL. Bad habits won't help him make the jump next year. Let's get the kid in there and let him learn the NHL game now.

Way to make coaching an afterthought. Making the switch behind the bench was THE critical move of the Pens' season. I'm pretty sure just about every player from Crosby on down has acknowledged that, along with Thomas Vanek.

This theme is growing tiresome.

Firing Ruff might spark something better if Ruff was as dumb as Therrien.

He's not.

Therrien had a Ferrari and was entering it the tractor pull.

The thing is this. Some teams put kids in the lineup "hoping" they will be able to make the transition. Many times a young player has been stunted because of this and it hasn't helped him long term.

The same can be said about rushing a player. I'd like to see what Myers has to offer against actual NHL players before forming too much of an opinion. Playing against the Sabres future-less prospects and a bunch of kids from juniors proved nothing. I'm sure he'll get a long look, possibly into the first few games of the season.

Firing Ruff might spark something better if Ruff was as dumb as Therrien.

He's not.

Therrien had a Ferrari and was entering it the tractor pull.

You guys have Ruff on the brain. It's usually Muff for most fellas.

I never mentioned Lindy, did I? It just seems like some folks have to downplay the coaching change in Pittsburgh, because otherwise they have acknowledge the possibility one could have propelled us to the Cup!

You guys have Ruff on the brain. It's usually Muff for most fellas.

[

I never mentioned Lindy, did I?

Pre-preemptive strike!

It just seems like some folks have to downplay the coaching change in Pittsburgh, because otherwise they have acknowledge the possibility one could have propelled us to the Cup!

They needed it.

Archived