U.S.A -Russia on today started at 10:00 am

joe w bags

Game now into second period, Russia dominating in first period , but U.S.A team held on , U.S team now leading 1-0 , twelve minutes remain in second .

Dustin Brown scored goal.

Game on TSN in Canada can be followed via Hockey World Championships website. Others likely are aware of other links to follow game.

update: Russia has tied game in second period. Kolvachuk scored goal. Seven minutes remain in second period.

update: Russia has taken lead . Goal given to Kolvachuk, but it bounced off another player. Five minutes remain in second period.

update: U.S.A has tied game. Okposo scored goal.

Tie score 2-2 , two minutes remain in second.

update: ten minutes remain in third game tied at 2.

update: Russians score to go ahead 3-2 with 1:47 remaining . Goal scored on power play.

update: Russia wins 3-2. U.S came within eyelash of tying game in last second. Team played well .

Canada -Sweden at 2:00pm. Nice day of hockey.

It looks like he's had a good tourney, I just wonder if he has been playing more wing or center.

Article on the last game has him on a line with Stamkos who is a righty, and St. Louis who is a lefty. Derek is also a lefty. It would make more sense to play Roy at center with Stamkos at left wing and St. Louis at right but I don't think that's what Lindy did, as the video says Stamkos was taking faceoffs, which means Roy must have been on wing. Second goal was with Heatley and Spezza, a left winger and center, respectively. If Roy really did play wing the whole game, then I hope Darcy and LQ are watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCtIcvjVgmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgUPRaNxvGQ

If Roy really did play wing the whole game, then I hope Darcy and LQ are watching.

If they can find some way to acquire another top-two center, moving Roy over to left wing, that would solve two problems at once: depth at scoring-line center and a second legitimate top-six left winger behind Vanek.

Well, Russia just won 2-1 after Canada mustered next to NO offense through 3 periods of play.

Sure, Canada had some 40+ shots on goal, but I only counted 3 or 4 really good scoring chances throughout the game.

Looked an awful lot like a Sabres game, with the highlight being Heatley putting the puck straight on a sprawled Bryzgalov in the 3rd, when he had the entire top shelf and right side of the net to shoot at.

Well, at least in the offensive zone it looked like a Sabres game, Canada's D was solid but for one major mistake which cost them the game. The other Russian goal was a deflection on the PP.

Article on the last game has him on a line with Stamkos who is a righty, and St. Louis who is a lefty. Derek is also a lefty. It would make more sense to play Roy at center with Stamkos at left wing and St. Louis at right but I don't think that's what Lindy did, as the video says Stamkos was taking faceoffs, which means Roy must have been on wing. Second goal was with Heatley and Spezza, a left winger and center, respectively. If Roy really did play wing the whole game, then I hope Darcy and LQ are watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCtIcvjVgmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgUPRaNxvGQ

Not sure about the article, but I've seen several of Team Canada's games (and Austria and USA) and the line that Roy has played with most of the tournament has been on the left wing, with Jason Spezza at center and Dany Heatley at right wing. I did not watch the final, just got home from work and saw the last minute or so, so i can't say if Ruff kept the lines the same. Against Sweden he definitely played with Spezza and Heatley though.

Not sure about the article, but I've seen several of Team Canada's games (and Austria and USA) and the line that Roy has played with most of the tournament has been on the left wing, with Jason Spezza at center and Dany Heatley at right wing. I did not watch the final, just got home from work and saw the last minute or so, so i can't say if Ruff kept the lines the same. Against Sweden he definitely played with Spezza and Heatley though.

He didn't.

He had Doan with Heatley and Spezza for at least the first two periods, and Roy was playing on a line with St. Louis most of the game. Never saw who the no. 3 guy was, would you believe it, but then again I wasn't really paying attention to the line combo's except the Heatley line, which seemingly got the most ice time or created the most established pressure in the offensive zone.

^^ You are right. I was thinking the Finland game. He did play with Spezza and Heatley on the PP though.

Actually, I wasn't correcting you I was just answering your question as to whether he kept the line combos from the Sweden game.

Hence the remark about Doan centering Heatley and Spezza.

That line was intact through most of the game today.

Archived