Salute to Kaleta

bottlecap

Here's to the guy that I enjoyed watching the most this year. He is the blue-collar Buffalo work ethic, over achieving, hard-hitting. In a short time, he's become a terror of the league. Hopefully he gets over that cheapshot by Gauthier, who I hope someday gets his payback.

Because, in a league of dirty players, Kaleta is a clean player who doesn't follow the "code," he will be worked out of said league of dirty players the way the body works a splinter out. That is, he'll be cheap-shotted out. He won't last long.

Because, in a league of dirty players, Kaleta is a clean player who doesn't follow the "code," he will be worked out of said league of dirty players the way the body works a splinter out. That is, he'll be cheap-shotted out. He won't last long.

I hate to say it, but I really agree with that. It is disgusting that the league is moving more and more in this direction. I have seen so many cheapshots on Kaleta it is simply pathetic - and yet the likes of Sean Avery, Denis Gauthier go untouched. Don't see how PK can last longer than a couple of years at the rate it is going. Sad, because I like the kid, he certainly brings a needed element to the Sabres.

Guys will continue to take cheap shots on him, because he doesn't play by the tough guy code...........Not saying that he needs to turn into Rob Ray, but a few fights here and there will be good for him.

Good observation and one that I agree with. :thumbsup:

It really shows how pathetic the physical aspect of this game has become when a guy needs to drop the gloves after he makes a clean, thunderous hit. Even worse is that often times dirty hits are the response to clean hits, and that these dirty hits go unpunished. I hope for a day when the NHL actually backs up its verbal stance, that they want to protect all players, with suspensions against dirty hitters. Here's hoping Kaleta can get some much needed R&R this offseason.

I like the kid, but he needs to drop the gloves a little more often.

A great fight would be Kaleta and Avery. Two guys who like to antagonize, but aren't very willing to duke it out.

I like the kid, but he needs to drop the gloves a little more often.
Guys will continue to take cheap shots on him, because he doesn't play by the tough guy code...........Not saying that he needs to turn into Rob Ray, but a few fights here and there will be good for him.

He drops the gloves plenty for a guy in his position.

Me too.

I'll also repeat what I've said before about Kaleta: he has more hockey skill than just hitting and can be a legit regular 3rd line NHL forward.

Archived