GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

It is my belief that RIT's standards are not what they once were. For as bad as I was at engineering, there is no way, NO WAY, I should have lasted as long in engineering as I did. I should have failed out after my freshman year. And then when I finally went on co-op, they wouldn't even let me do simple things like operate a lathe, because frankly I didn't remember how. In three years of engineering at RIT I used a lathe and a mill for one class. And it was my first quarter of my freshman year. Everything after that was completely worthless, and so were the teachers "attempting" to teach us. Half of my teachers were adjuncts who had full time jobs and no office hours. And they also had no idea how to teach. My insufficiency in engineering was completely masked by the fact that a majority of my classmates struggled equally as much, but for different reasons than myself.

RIT's retention rate in engineering is not bad because their programs are difficult. The retention rates are bad because the programs and teaching staff are of unacceptable quality.

I've heard similar horror stories from a few of my friends who are freshmen and sophomores at RIT. Almost every single one has expressed a desire to transfer, and some have already pulled the trigger.

You realize that Detroit might be the best team in hockey, and that the Sabres played their a**es off right? Oh, I forgot, whenever they lose it was because they weren't trying hard enough. Heck, we had just as many shots on goal as they did, which almost nobody does against Detroit. As long as they try next year, they'll win all 82 games easily!

Amen. Question their effort in the first 2 periods of the Jersey game, but not against Detroit. They left it all on the ice. They just got beat by a better team.

You realize that Detroit might be the best team in hockey, and that the Sabres played their a**es off right? Oh, I forgot, whenever they lose it was because they weren't trying hard enough. Heck, we had just as many shots on goal as they did, which almost nobody does against Detroit. As long as they try next year, they'll win all 82 games easily!

I must have been in a really bad mood at that game because I did not see what others did. First ten minutes of the game, yes. The rest, not so much...

It is my belief that RIT's standards are not what they once were. For as bad as I was at engineering, there is no way, NO WAY, I should have lasted as long in engineering as I did. I should have failed out after my freshman year. And then when I finally went on co-op, they wouldn't even let me do simple things like operate a lathe, because frankly I didn't remember how. In three years of engineering at RIT I used a lathe and a mill for one class. And it was my first quarter of my freshman year. Everything after that was completely worthless, and so were the teachers "attempting" to teach us. Half of my teachers were adjuncts who had full time jobs and no office hours. And they also had no idea how to teach. My insufficiency in engineering was completely masked by the fact that a majority of my classmates struggled equally as much, but for different reasons than myself.

RIT's retention rate in engineering is not bad because their programs are difficult. The retention rates are bad because the programs and teaching staff are of unacceptable quality.

Check your PM. I'm taking our RIT chat over there so we can concentrate on the GDT.

Guest Sloth
Miller with a different helmet?

Don't know if it was posted before cuz I was skimming so sorry if it was mentioned.

I haven't seen a close up picture of his new helmet. What does it say on the back?

I haven't seen a close up picture of his new helmet. What does it say on the back?

Didn't see but its a light blue helmet now. I'm sure pics will be online soon enough.

Looks winter classic-ish

EDIT: IT HAS A F*CKING DRAGON ON THE RIGHT SIDE!!!! :huh:

AND A TIGER ON THE OTHER!!! :huh: :huh:

Guest Sloth

Damn, now it's time to see if the boys can respond. Vanek, Roy, and Pomminstein had better step it up. Roy and Pomminstein's numbers are far below last years.

Guest Sloth
Didn't see but its a light blue helmet now. I'm sure pics will be online soon enough.

Looks winter classic-ish

EDIT: IT HAS A F*CKING DRAGON ON THE RIGHT SIDE!!!! :huh:

An Asian culture fetish?

Guest Sloth
Maybe, he has a sword(sabre) on the chin and a "MOM" type tattoo heart on the back with Matt Man in the white strip. If you didn't see it.

I was wondering what the tatoo said. Was Matt his cousin?

Maybe, he has a sword(sabre) on the chin and a "MOM" type tattoo heart on the back with Matt Man in the white strip. If you didn't see it.

The Dragon and Tiger are Asian tattoo images. Ryan said he is too much of a wimp to get himself tattooed, so he had them put on his helmet. And Matt Man is in honor of his nephew/cousin (can't remember which) that died, but he is still in his heart.

so the Sabres can't drop any points ???in their last three and the Flyers have to sweep the Rangers (plus, another Florida regulation loss or two OT losses) for the Sabres to stay in it.

We can still win in OT or a SO right?

The dropped 'loser' points will not affect the standings as far as our playoff chances go.

...or am i wrong?

Anyways, just enjoying the TSN broadcast tonight (even with the Sabres playing).

McGuire and Gord Miller are my favorite hockey broadcasting tandem.

• Ruff was reported to be all over Roy for the giveaway in the early going.
  • Nice presentation to May for game 1000. Congrats.
  • And to those guys with the misplaced RIT conversation: $27,624 a year for tuition??? Pretty sad to hear that about the substandard teachers.

Archived