You know what the Sabres need in the 2009 draft?

LabattBlue

Zack Kassian and players like him. Stop drafting soft finesse players(we have plenty to go around) and guys under 5'11".

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2009/NHL-Draft-P...es/Zack-Kassian

But tough and short are not mutually exclusive terms. I don't like this notion that's building that the answer for the Sabres is to find players above an arbitrary height and weight.

But tough and short are not mutually exclusive terms. I don't like this notion that's building that the answer for the Sabres is to find players above an arbitrary height and weight.

This is true, but the odds are that tougher players aren't the ones who are lacking in size.

I dont give a flying fruit what happens draft day, whether it's a free agent trade situation or a 18yr old stud. I want instant impact, I'm talking Terrell Owens.

I'm not sure I can handle the dangling carrot of prospects 3 years away much longer.

Without getting into a full on rant; at least 40% of the starting lines should be replaced for next year. The lack of responsibility, accountability, and frailness of calling each other out or benching from lack of performance seems to be replaced by a sympathy card these days. It's not right.

And for Lindy to walk away again without a season-ending press conference will not fly, whether he's right or wrong.

I dont give a flying fruit what happens draft day, whether it's a free agent trade situation or a 18yr old stud. I want instant impact, I'm talking Terrell Owens.

I'm not sure I can handle the dangling carrot of prospects 3 years away much longer.

Without getting into a full on rant; at least 40% of the starting lines should be replaced for next year. The lack of responsibility, accountability, and frailness of calling each other out or benching from lack of performance seems to be replaced by a sympathy card these days. It's not right.

And for Lindy to walk away again without a season-ending press conference will not fly, whether he's right or wrong.

I am in total agreement with you...

I dont give a flying fruit what happens draft day, whether it's a free agent trade situation or a 18yr old stud. I want instant impact

I am in total agreement with you...

Exactly. This team needs fixing now, not in 3-5 years. BTW, I'm still not watching.

What the Sabres need is what they don't have: a GM and scouting staff who can identify winners. Players with the combination of talent, skill and desire to make a difference. What the Sabres have is a VCR and a GM who likes his players soft, stupid and lazy. That's what he did with the Islanders and that's what he's done with the Sabres. As long as Darcy's around we're stuck with a team that can't make the playoffs.

Archived