BN Sabres Edge Blog Updates

Bmwolf21

Couple updates:

The trade market is quiet so far. But Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier says the chatter is substantial.

"The calls are really nonstop," he said. "It?s a different market I think than the past. Things are a lot tighter both from a financial standpoint and from a competitive standpoint. There?s more teams in the mix from a playoff standpoint. I think there?s fewer sellers, more buyers, and in some cases less money or less cap room."

There's also a live chat going on with Bucky for anyone interested.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

Couple updates:

The trade market is quiet so far. But Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier says the chatter is substantial.

"The calls are really nonstop," he said. "It?s a different market I think than the past. Things are a lot tighter both from a financial standpoint and from a competitive standpoint. There?s more teams in the mix from a playoff standpoint. I think there?s fewer sellers, more buyers, and in some cases less money or less cap room."

There's also a live chat going on with Bucky for anyone interested.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

Translated...That's about it folks. Have a good day and enjoy the game tonight.

From the same blog

On Connolly:

"For us, it is better than a trade,'' Regier said today. "I think when you look at anything that is available in the summer, anything that is available right now on the trade market, in order to keep Tim here, not to give up any assets to acquire someone like Tim, I think it's a terrific day for the Sabres organization.''

On Tellqvist:

"We felt it was very important given the schedule and the uncertainty of Ryan's situation,'' Regier said. "We wanted to make sure that we brought back support for the hockey club and specifically Patrick Lalime.''

Yep - that will be it for the Sabres.

I took it as a little more optimistic than last year's in-day comments, where you could tell that DR was satisfied with everything at about 1 p.m.

I really hope he isn't done, because nothing he's done today has either improved this team nor established a direction for this year or the future.

From the same blog

On Connolly:

"For us, it is better than a trade,'' Regier said today. "I think when you look at anything that is available in the summer, anything that is available right now on the trade market, in order to keep Tim here, not to give up any assets to acquire someone like Tim, I think it's a terrific day for the Sabres organization.''

Translation...we are afraid that Larry's relationship with Tim's dad could be damaged so we decided to throw some money at Tim.

Translation...we are afraid that Larry's relationship with Tim's dad could be damaged so we decided to throw some money at Tim.

Never understimate what is going on behind the scenes when Quinny is involved. Anything is possible. :doh:

Here's something I just noticed about the TBN website: they've removed Bucky's article from this morning in which he stated that "multiple NHL sources" were telling him that TC was almost certain to be traded. Pretty sleazy move.

Here's something I just noticed about the TBN website: they've removed Bucky's article from this morning in which he stated that "multiple NHL sources" were telling him that TC was almost certain to be traded. Pretty sleazy move.

They didn't remove it, they've been updating it all day to reflect the moves. I was looking for it as well but realized it was an updated article when I saw the same final note about Kotalik in the "new" article as the original version.

But yeah, it's pretty stupid. Probably should have kept the original one up.

These players that are getting moved(Jokinen, Guerin) are getting had for pennies on the dollar..OMG..Are you kidding me Guerin for a possible 4th rd pick if they make the playoffs if they win the cup its a 3rd rounder..Jokinen for for Lombardi and Prust....My lord..We couldnt use any of these players???? I hardly watched hockey this year and I am somewhat unnattached to this team right now but this still gets my blood running hot....

These players that are getting moved(Jokinen, Guerin) are getting had for pennies on the dollar..OMG..Are you kidding me Guerin for a possible 4th rd pick if they make the playoffs if they win the cup its a 3rd rounder..Jokinen for for Lombardi and Prust....My lord..We couldnt use any of these players???? I hardly watched hockey this year and I am somewhat unnattached to this team right now but this still gets my blood running hot....

IF that is all it cost for Guerin, I stand corrected on where I thought the market would be for rentals this year.

I believe all they have to do is win in round one to get the third. I could be wrong though.

I believe all they have to do is win in round one to get the third. I could be wrong though.

The draft pick that Pittsburgh gives up will start as a fifth-round pick. If Pittsburgh makes the playoffs, it increases to a fourth-rounder. If they get to the second round, it becomes to a third round pick.

Archived