Bad and weak clear-outs and passes

bottlecap

Too many times I've seen these weak-ass or no-look clearing chip-outs that get intercepted and turned into goals. This kind of play exploits our weak defense. I also see the same "artistic" and "fancy" style in the no-look passes that

get intercepted in the other end or the neutral zone and turned into goals. I see bad passes by the same culprits. There should be stats kept as far as passes getting intercepted.

I don't know what happened to the Sabres of the first ten games. This team is soft and inconsistent and badly needs a trade or five.

Too many times I've seen these weak-ass or no-look clearing chip-outs that get intercepted and turned into goals. This kind of play exploits our weak defense. I also see the same "artistic" and "fancy" style in the no-look passes that

get intercepted in the other end or the neutral zone and turned into goals. I see bad passes by the same culprits. There should be stats kept as far as passes getting intercepted.

I don't know what happened to the Sabres of the first ten games. This team is soft and inconsistent and badly needs a trade or five.

I think what we seen during the first 10 games might be the best there going to play all season. It was like a flash of the teams potential,and then it vanished.

*cough* Hecht *cough*

Others, too, but he has been, by far, the worst.

He's trying to do too much with the puck. Last night in his post-game interview he stated that his intention was to try to take it up the side boards and get a transition play going. I appreciate the offensive mindset but give me a break. Every Sabre on the ice was completely exhausted by that point in the shift. No one would have raced up with Hecht to try to make a play.

Don't forget shooting the puck directly into defensemen. Spacek does it at least 5 times a game. He winds up for the slapper, Dman slides in front of him and instead of holding the slapper and wristing it or passing it over to the other point, he just takes the shot. Right into the Dman, who it bounces off of and out over the blue line. :wallbash:

Don't forget shooting the puck directly into defensemen. Spacek does it at least 5 times a game. He winds up for the slapper, Dman slides in front of him and instead of holding the slapper and wristing it or passing it over to the other point, he just takes the shot. Right into the Dman, who it bounces off of and out over the blue line. :wallbash:

See also: kotalik, pommers.

The Buffalo Sabres have had difficulty clearing the zone ever since I started watching in 1970! I can clearly remember and still hear my dad yelling, "Get it out!" that first season, and every season since.

It's like a friggin' disease with this organization.

How many people here KNEW that a goal would be scored when Hecht turned that puck over inside the blue line last night?

I sure did.

*cough* Hecht *cough*

Others, too, but he has been, by far, the worst.

Kotalik too. If you watch these 2 bozo's closely, virtually every move they make w/ the puck is exactly the wrong one. For weeks now I'v'e been focusing on these 2, just b/c it's like watching a car wreck. They are beyond horrible. Hecht should be on the bench (yes, really, IMO). And Alice s/b on the 4th line. Both simply give the puck away w/ stunning regularity.

The Buffalo Sabres have had difficulty clearing the zone ever since I started watching in 1970! I can clearly remember and still hear my dad yelling, "Get it out!" that first season, and every season since.

It's like a friggin' disease with this organization.

How many people here KNEW that a goal would be scored when Hecht turned that puck over inside the blue line last night?

I sure did.

I don't know, coming out of the lockout they made a name for themselves with their quick transition. I think, for those 2 years anyway, they were one the best if not THE best at clearing the zone and starting the other way.... I may be remembering incorrectly though :unsure:

Archived