Now what?

carpandean

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...=2&gnum=696

"Henrik's not good," Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff said. "We'll probably get him back to Buffalo and that will be looked at, but he's going to be out for a good period of time probably."

Sekera may make it back for the end of the West Coast swing, but not for the whole thing. Do we call up another "kid" from Portland? Who? Gragnani? Time for a trade?

When Tallinder stayed down I laughed by a$$ of. I have to say when Connolly gets injured at least he gets jacked up. Tallinder's injuries occur on plays you wouldn't even expect him to get a bruise.

The Sabres will call someone up probably. I doubt the Sabres would make a blue-liner unless it was for a Jeff Jilson type. Some other teams 8th or 9th defenseman is the mostly scenario.

When Tallinder stayed down I laughed by a$$ of. I have to say when Connolly gets injured at least he gets jacked up. Tallinder's injuries occur on plays you wouldn't even expect him to get a bruise.

The Sabres will call someone up probably. I doubt the Sabres would make a blue-liner unless it was for a Jeff Jilson type. Some other teams 8th or 9th defenseman is the mostly scenario.

I have to ask, Deluca, are you drunk? :P

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...=2&gnum=696

Sekera may make it back for the end of the West Coast swing, but not for the whole thing. Do we call up another "kid" from Portland? Who? Gragnani? Time for a trade?

Gragnani has been playing D? I thought last year was a good indication that he was much better as a forward. He's putting up decent numbers (4G 24A) and I guess looking at the depth in Portland, there isn't too many options.

Gragnani has been playing D? I thought last year was a good indication that he was much better as a forward. He's putting up decent numbers (4G 24A) and I guess looking at the depth in Portland, there isn't too many options.

I read recently that he has been back at the blueline full-time this season(I don't know if this is good or bad). I believe Funk and Card are battling concussion problems and Weber has knee problems, so it is either Gragnani, sign a FA that no one else wanted, make a trade or go with 5 dmen until Sekera comes back.

He's had a bad right shoulder since last year when Kovalev hit him into the boards after a whistle.

DeLuca, you obviously have never injured a shoulder. If you had, you'd know that you never know what's going to pop it back out of socket. Sometimes, I can reach for something, and it goes out a little.

Give the guy a break. Now we can't even trade him!

He's had a bad right shoulder since last year when Kovalev hit him into the boards after a whistle.

DeLuca, you obviously have never injured a shoulder. If you had, you'd know that you never know what's going to pop it back out of socket. Sometimes, I can reach for something, and it goes out a little.

Give the guy a break. Now we can't even trade him!

I have dislocated my right shoulder and broke my right collar bone in consecutive summers. That has nothing to do with the fact that Tallinder gets major injuries on seemingly harmless plays. I didn't call him "Mr. Glass" or anything. I was just making a observation.

Nolan Pratt is playing in the KHL right now. Not sure he can get out of that contract. Anyone else just sitting around? Jeff Jillson anyone :P ? Maybe James Patrick can give it a go.

If he can, he would probably have to clear waivers like Dubliewicz did. Isles thought they had him all locked up and the Jackets snatched him up off waivers.

Not saying that there would be a huge market for Pratt, but you never know.

Joe "Crazy Legs" DiPenta from the Ducks is playing in the SEL. He was a solid stay-at-home 6th/7th defensemen. Not great offensively, but good in his own end and on the PK, and known for sticking up for his teammates, especially his goalie. He's also a righty. Had a few fights, too:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived