Need to pick it up

Gaustad

Spacek

Kotalik

Roy

Hecht

Miller

Lalime

Stafford(he is very close to dropping into the category below)

Just go away

Peters

Tallinder

Max

Connolly

Teppo

Stafford is getting to that point were he is still a valuable commondity but the longer DR lets him languish, the less valuable he becomes. Sounds a little familiar doesn't it?

I agree with that 100%. I would assume you are referring to Max, who's stock is now worthless. :wallbash:

I would add Mair to the "Needs to pick it up" category. He's a decent skater but he should hit more or even drop the gloves a little more often. If he doesn't do that, what else is he good for? I also think Paille and Lydman need to pick it up. Lydman might be leading the team in hits but he gives the puck up too often and has trouble getting the puck out of the zone. I'd even add him to the "Just go away" list. Paille started off solid but has been mostly invisible since the start.

When you go into a season with little changes to the roster why would anyone expect different results from last year? The first quarter evaluation is that this team has done nothing over the off-season or early this season to turn the team around. They relied again on Max and Timmy which is killing them again this season as it did last season.

Overall 1st quarter grade is an 'F'. The missed last season's playoffs which gave them a 'F' grade then, no improvements with the team mean no improvements in the grade.

I agree for the most part but your preference for Paille colors your analysis

I guess it depends on what your expectations are for Paille. He needs to finish in the 15-20 goal range and is not going to reach that number based on his current pace, but with Lindy constantly screwing with his head(switching him around from the 3rd to 4th lines) and sending him up to the press box, what do you expect?

I guess it depends on what your expectations are for Paille.

1) He needs to finish in the 15-20 goal range

2) and is not going to reach that number based on his current pace,

3) but with Lindy constantly screwing with his head(switching him around from the 3rd to 4th lines) and sending him up to the press box, what do you expect?

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Agreed

4)

Hhmmm, currently 9th place in conference lets see doesn't make the playoffs last time I checked...... Overall has to be an "F"

The Individual player grades mostly agreeable except;

I would move down to the Need to pick it up; Paille and Mair for the reasons others already mentioned and Rivet because since the knee injury he has NOT played the same physical style in front of the net as he did in 1st 8 and that is/was his game and he needs to get back to that.

I think Spacek deserves to be moved up to the mostly okay part. Him and Sekera have been the best pairing(doesn't say much) in 1st quarter and if you are going to say Sekera belongs then his linemate should get some associated credit.

Next, I know he has looked slower during this losing streak But I would put Teppo in the Needs to pick it up category not the ditch him one yet.

Last, I am also not ready to just toss Conolly out especially with the unlikely prospects of being able to get something that would be equivalent and besides given the nature of most of his injuries who could disagree with, drum roll please ......... putting him in The needs to pick it up as in his Head while he is skating category... Come on Timmay can't ya just start to watch for what's coming

When you go into a season with little changes to the roster why would anyone expect different results from last year? The first quarter evaluation is that this team has done nothing over the off-season or early this season to turn the team around. They relied again on Max and Timmy which is killing them again this season as it did last season.

Overall 1st quarter grade is an 'F'. The missed last season's playoffs which gave them a 'F' grade then, no improvements with the team mean no improvements in the grade.

Sarcasm on: Naaahhhhh..Many here said Teppo was the answer to our defensive woes glad to see it working out..Sarcasm off

Archived