Connolly questionable ... bruised chest

BetweenThePipes00

The board give a hell of a lot more than someone like Tkachuk at open ice. Take a look at some of the most memorable hits out there, the Stevens hits that knocked people out, and to a lesser extent the Schaeffer-Connolly concussion and the Campbell-Umberger... they're all open ice. Those are the ones that injure people.

That was game 1 of the series, and didn't he come back 2 games later and even score? You think Tin Cannolly would have been back 2 games after that hit? He'd have a 2 year concussion and one of his arms might have even broke off.

That was game 1 of the series, and didn't he come back 2 games later and even score? You think Tin Cannolly would have been back 2 games after that hit? He'd have a 2 year concussion and one of his arms might have even broke off.

:w00t: :lol:

The board give a hell of a lot more than someone like Tkachuk at open ice.

Exactly, especially at the pro level. First time I played at the Aud, I remmember talking to my teamates how the boards were like "pillows" comapred to the rinks we ususally played on.

Not to be the Negative Nancy of the thread, but realizing that he has only played in 5/15 games this year, that puts him on pace to play all of 27 games. Most likely that number will change, but a month into the season he's already missed 10 of the first 15 games. Not a good sign...

But hey, after 10 games, he was on pace to play 0, now he's on a pace to play 27. He's trending upwards. :thumbsup:

Exactly, especially at the pro level. First time I played at the Aud, I remmember talking to my teamates how the boards were like "pillows" comapred to the rinks we ususally played on.

I wish I could remember what the boards were like when I played there, but I was maybe 7 years old. Here's another way to look at it though. For a hit along the boards, you're hit into something that gives quite a bit. For an open ice hit, you end up falling back onto the ice, which doesn't give at all (not to mention that other brick wall that Connolly collided with), which also allows for a whiplash effect.

Archived