A few questions to start the season Part I...

LabattBlue

Crystal Ball says...  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Vanek goal total?

• 40+
    • 30-39
    • 20-29
    • < 20(Who needed 4 first round picks?)
  2. 2. Stafford goal total?

• 25+
    • 20-24
    • 15-19
    • < 15(What can we get for him?)
  3. 3. Number of games Lalime starts?

• 20+
    • 15-19
    • 10-14
    • < 10(Lindy mishandles the backup once again!)

Vanek - bout the same 36 - 38 but more assists I think

Stafford - depending on which line he's on I can see him getting mid 20's maybe upper 20's. 1st line, probably around 15-20. Also more assists.

Lalime - I think he'll be around 22. He's gonna show up when Miller is having some of his "off" days.

Vanek 43

Stafford 22

Lalime 23 I thought he had a solid preseason and Miller did not, I see Lindy sticking to his statement his players will earn the icetime, that he will play the hot goaltender like he's done before, last miller will be injured for some games when he slips off the stage at his fashion show.

Vanek - 38 only because they will insist on playing him solely in front of the net and scoring off tips (which he is great at but doesn't lend to a 50 goal scorer)

Stafford - 16 goals. All mostly scored in the second half of the season when he finally figures out his role after max is traded

Lalime - 14 games but evenly spread out to give the most benefit to miller. Don't kid ourselves Miller is still going to be a workhorse like last year because thats the only chance we will have of winning/stealing games.

Vanek - 38 goals, but more spread out

Stafford - 21 goals

Lalime - 16 games

I think this is about where I fall in. I admire the optimism for Vanek in this thread, but I'm not convinced that he is consistent enough yet to see him staying in the 40+ goals range, although he certainly has the talent to do so.

Lalime 23

The Sabres aren't paying Miller the big bucks to "only" start 58 games. Based on Lindy's track record to I don't see him giving Miller that much rest. The other factor is if the Sabres are fighting for the 8th playoff spot, from January on expect Lindy to play Miller a lot.

I'd be shocked if Lalime got this many starts.

The Sabres aren't paying Miller the big bucks to "only" start 58 games. Based on Lindy's track record to I don't see him giving Miller that much rest. The other factor is if the Sabres are fighting for the 8th playoff spot, from January on expect Lindy to play Miller a lot.

I'd be shocked if Lalime got this many starts.

Yes true if Ryan stays healthy, but the tongue in cheek "falls off the stage" with my guess just meant I am predicting he gets injured ala the Marty Biron coming out season... Not wishing that just prognosticating.

Vanek gets 45

Drew gets 22 and almost half on the PP

Lalime starts 20 games but see more time than that because Miller gives up a few soft balls and Lindy pulls him.

I have a bad feeling about Miller this year and Lalime has looked good in the preseason.

Archived