WTF?!?!?

apuszczalowski

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251444&amp...=headlines_main

So I guess even the NHL is jumping on the assumption that Burke could end up as GM in Toronto next year, so now they are going to be watching deals made by the Ducks and leafs so that theres no possible funny buisness going on between the 2

I would love to see Burke sign a long term deal right now with the ducks, or some other team and screw over Toronto, or to see Anaheim go to the league and file some type of complaint/lawsuit for tampering/or something if Burke goes to the Leafs

Very weird. I was watching the Wings/Montreal game the other day and at intermission they talked about Leafs trying to get a deal with the Ducks for Schneider. Those announcers even said it was fishy because the deal was going to be Schneider, Bobby Ryan and 3rd round pick for Leafs first round pick with a top 6 protection. If it's a top 6 pick, Ducks get nothing until 2010 and then grab their first round pick.

Too lazy to look this up, but when was the last time a Canadian based team won the Cup? Doesn't the league have to determine whether or not a trade is close to equal for the teams taking part?

Too lazy to look this up, but when was the last time a Canadian based team won the Cup? Doesn't the league have to determine whether or not a trade is close to equal for the teams taking part?

93 Canadians and while the only time I can remember a league voiding a trade for occurred when Bowie Kuhn rejected the Oakland A's selling of players, the commissioner does have a responsibility to protect the integrity of the league, although that is almost an oxymoron when talking about the NHL.

Philly's trades and acquisitions seemed a little hmm...., something isn't quite right here, during and after, the 06/07 season.

Go further back then that...Tampa Bay was their farm team after Bobby Clark left Tampa. That trade with Nashville last off-season was a joke IMO.

Go further back then that...Tampa Bay was their farm team after Bobby Clark left Tampa. That trade with Nashville last off-season was a joke IMO.

The trade with Nashville could sort of understand, nashville was dumping salary preparing for a sale to a new owner, alot of teams dump salary before thats about to happen

93 Canadians and while the only time I can remember a league voiding a trade for occurred when Bowie Kuhn rejected the Oakland A's selling of players, the commissioner does have a responsibility to protect the integrity of the league, although that is almost an oxymoron when talking about the NHL.

The Lindros to the Rangers - picks and players to the Nords got voided so the Lindros to the Phlyers - picks and players to the Nords could go through. I guess one of the trades had to be voided as Erica couldn't play for both of them at the same time.

The Lindros to the Rangers - picks and players to the Nords got voided so the Lindros to the Phlyers - picks and players to the Nords could go through. I guess one of the trades had to be voided as Erica couldn't play for both of them at the same time.

This was exactly what I was thinking when I read that post. It doesn't really fit the criteria people were mentioning in here though.

This was exactly what I was thinking when I read that post. It doesn't really fit the criteria people were mentioning in here though.

True, but this one probably does fit the criteria. IIRC, the Habs had a deal w/ the Caps to send Pierre Bouchard back to Moe-ray-all after they put in a waiver claim on him but Ziegler nixed the deal and Bouchard ended his career a Cap.

Archived