Roberval GDT?

frisky

It's already 10am back East. It's gameday already. Yesterdays game was rusty looking. I had to print out the training camp roster to keep track of all the kids in the lineup. I think I'll have to use it again today. Watching it on streaming made me keep squinting to try and clear up the pixelization but it didn't help. At least tonight's game is on NHL network. I also noticed last night that the GR streaming audio feed lagged significantly behind the streaming video feed by like 3-5 minutes.

Wonder if Lindy will put all the French speaking guys in the line-up tonight. I could only think of 4. Pominville, Roy, Lalime, Rivet. Not sure about the kids though. I think it will be like watching local HS hockey on the local HS sports cable channel. Wonder if they will have chainlink fence instead of glass.

I'm also hoping that we get to see Gerbe, Ennis, Myers and some of the new kids.

Edit: Here is a link to NHL.com's full coverage page of the Hockeyville event. Who's the guy behind the kid's head next to Rick Martin? From the article it must be Audette. http://www.nhl.com/hockeyville/index.html

Wonder if the game is going to be in HD, especially since I just started getting the NHL Network in HD from Time Warner yesterday.

WOW. I just got NHL Network in HD tonight on Time Warner Rochester. Sweet. I also hope this is in HD.

Things i will be looking for -

1. Solid play from Lalime. I really am confident in Lalime much more then our joke of a backup from last season.

2. Gerbe, Butler, Kennedy - I'm sure all three will make debuts tonights. All eyes will be on Gerbe. I hope he gets some good wingers to work with and Kennedy on the PK. He's a pest and very quick, i wonder what he can do in real life NHL speed.

3. Marc-Andre Gragnani - He was unreal the last 3 months of the season for Rochester, and had a short stint with Buffalo. He's improved in the off-season, he could be a real surprise this upcoming year. He got a taste of the NHL which i think is a big thing, to know the speed so he can work on it. But, at Christmas time or around there (Mid December) he was pure Garbage. He had was like a minus 40 or something. Then they moved him to forward. Post-Christmas, he was i think the HIGHEST plus/minus player in the AHL. I know at some point near the end he was, but i believe he got a bunch of minuses late to not get that award, but i'm not sure. He also had 52 points, 3rd in AHL rookies in points, behind Teddy Purcell who had 83. But considering his stats in December, getting 52 is pretty unreal.

I didn't get to listen to the game last night, but it seems maybe they were (are) a little rusty judging from some of the posts in the other GDT from yesterday. It will be interesting to see if Miller starts back to back games. I do realize he didn't play the entire game last night. I am looking forward to watching some hockey finally. Watching repeats of past playoff games isn't cutting it anymore.

I think the NHL will encourage them to stick in as many French players as they can. So I would expect Lalime to go. Not that of course Lindy has to listen to them but I probably would speculate that Lalime will be in net at the start tonight. I heard somewhere they/NHL encouraged them/Sabres to send up the French speaking players there.

I have no NHL Network or center ice or any way to watch the game tonight. I'm bummed. Any bars got game? net? (picture girl crying) boohoo

I also heard along the way that CBC will be showing it on a delay... to start at 7:30... check the listings I guess

I think the NHL will encourage them to stick in as many French players as they can. So I would expect Lalime to go. Not that of course Lindy has to listen to them but I probably would speculate that Lalime will be in net at the start tonight. I heard somewhere they/NHL encouraged them/Sabres to send up the French speaking players there.

In the article, Lindy said the NHL's PR people asked him to bring more players than he normally would. He said they will be visiting schools, which led to the comment about those players being French.

That said, I'd imagine that every Frenchie in the organization will be there, as they should.

The Hockeyville blog is quite interesting. Who knew that being Sabretooth came with travel benefits? Is that a full-time job? What kinda money do you make being a mascot? Or is it just enough to pay your parents rent for the garage/basement that you rent?

You won't see any of these guys this season:

the team has returned the following eight players to their respective junior clubs: forwards Luke Adam (St. John?s, QMJHL), Paul Byron (Gatineau, QMJHL), Tyler Ennis (Medicine Hat WHL) and Jacob Lagace (Chicoutimi, QMJHL); defensemen T.J. Brennan (St. John?s, QMJHL), Nick Crawford (Saginaw, OHL), Drew Schiestel (Niagara, OHL) and Jordon Southorn (Prince Edward Island, QMJHL). This leaves the Sabres with 49 players still in training camp.

LW - C - RW

(40) Gogulla - (41) MacArthur - (21) Stafford

(24) Darche - (19) Connolly - (29) Pominville

(42) Gerbe - (9) Roy - (61) Afinogenov

(17) Gragnani - (58) Kennedy - (25) Mancari

DEFENSE

(5) Lydman - (10) Tallinder

(34) Butler - (33) Card

(4) Weber - (38) Paetsch

GOALTENDING

(40) Lalime

(53) Dennis