[OT] NHL 09

Campy

they did a roster update last year right after the first week of the season that updated all of the NHL and AHL rosters, and added all of the rooks in that hadn't played yet. I expect it will be the same way again.

Also, looking forward to the edge code that releases all of the Alternate jerseys.

it said to go to the nhl09 website but i couldnt find it, is it on there or will it be released at a later date?

it said to go to the nhl09 website but i couldnt find it, is it on there or will it be released at a later date?

I bet right before the season they'll release it.. in the meantime i'm sure someone will figure hack/figure it out. I read somewhere that the code was written in the boards last year...

I just went Dynasty mode and didn't go into Be a Pro. I think the D moves and the line shifts is a major improvement. Still getting used to the controls especially the line shifts. Still haven't gotten the hang of the lift stick think. Checking is much improved. I did notice a glitch in my PS3 version though. the opposing D would take the puck bring it to the front of the net and just stand there. I'm sure there will be updates like last years though. But, overall, it's better than last year.

I played it yesterday on PS3... what I found was that they still have Ryan on our roster and Teppo is no where in the game. Also, while most teams only have two jersey's loaded with other spots for "currently unavailable" versions, Atlanta has 4 jerseys available PLUS a slot for another one.

I love the new intro when playing a game, EXCEPT the fact that they spin the slug on the ice while the players are skating around, the slug spinning is a site that is actually sickening. Other team logos look cool and our original logo would look good doing that, but the slug looks horrible!

I like the game play and it's going to take a while to get used to switching lines the new way as well as the new stick lift move. Once the alt jersey becomes available, it'll be even better.

I wish you could change the goalie masks to use the good logo and not the slug... well, I wish you could erase the slug from the game entirely actually but that won't happen until the team gets rid of it.

TM8, just take the game online and try to enter into a game. It'll make you download the updated rosters. Then you can immediately cancel out. Problem solved. Teppo will be on the team and Pratt will be gone. For some reason Ryan stays on the roster though, but its easy enough to cut him.

I bet Stamkos is in the game. I've only played one game so far, against Toronto, so I don't know if he is or not.

He isn't in the game, nor are any rookies that have not played in a professional or semi-professional hockey league. Legally, EA cannot use rookies in the game before they have at least played one game in the NHL, AHL, KHL, or Elite Leagues. But Enroth on the other hand--that one makes no sense. He has played in the Swedish Elite League.

BTW, having the Buffalo Sabres come out onto the ice with Hurricane 2000 playing is the pinnacle of hockey gaming. One of the few advantages of having a defeXBOX 360 is that you can import custom music. I also have Beautiful by Flickerstick and Song 2 for the goal songs, and I have the freakin Sabredance for the 2nd period entrance. And Shippin up to Boston for the away penalty.

I played it yesterday on PS3... what I found was that they still have Ryan on our roster and Teppo is no where in the game. Also, while most teams only have two jersey's loaded with other spots for "currently unavailable" versions, Atlanta has 4 jerseys available PLUS a slot for another one.

I love the new intro when playing a game, EXCEPT the fact that they spin the slug on the ice while the players are skating around, the slug spinning is a site that is actually sickening. Other team logos look cool and our original logo would look good doing that, but the slug looks horrible!

I like the game play and it's going to take a while to get used to switching lines the new way as well as the new stick lift move. Once the alt jersey becomes available, it'll be even better.

I wish you could change the goalie masks to use the good logo and not the slug... well, I wish you could erase the slug from the game entirely actually but that won't happen until the team gets rid of it.

Can people with PS3's import their own music too?

Either way, i'm very impressed with the music selection they already have but if i could bring in some of my own songs, that was be unreal as well....

From Eklund's site. thought you might like this.

I will be playing NHL09 on Xbox360 Live. EA is a sponsor of hockeybuzz, and I get to review this game for the site...I have a GREAT job!

Anyway, if you want to play me just look for my usertag: BUZZEKLUND

Just a warning, I was really good at video hockey in my twenties...but now...well I am 40.

From Eklund's site. thought you might like this.

I will be playing NHL09 on Xbox360 Live. EA is a sponsor of hockeybuzz, and I get to review this game for the site...I have a GREAT job!

Anyway, if you want to play me just look for my usertag: BUZZEKLUND

Just a warning, I was really good at video hockey in my twenties...but now...well I am 40.

A better usertag would've been Eklund sucks.

Yeah, I'm Po'd today. I can't complain because it ain't Thursday. :chris: :ph34r: I'm goin' drinkin'

But I did get my pre-season "free" game tickets today :thumbsup:

He isn't in the game, nor are any rookies that have not played in a professional or semi-professional hockey league. Legally, EA cannot use rookies in the game before they have at least played one game in the NHL, AHL, KHL, or Elite Leagues. But Enroth on the other hand--that one makes no sense. He has played in the Swedish Elite League.

BTW, having the Buffalo Sabres come out onto the ice with Hurricane 2000 playing is the pinnacle of hockey gaming. One of the few advantages of having a defeXBOX 360 is that you can import custom music. I also have Beautiful by Flickerstick and Song 2 for the goal songs, and I have the freakin Sabredance for the 2nd period entrance. And Shippin up to Boston for the away penalty.

Does it have to be windows XP media center edition 2005 or vista home premium/ultimate to get the songs onto your playlist?

Yep, I need to get the sabre dance...thats the only one I don't have.

Judging by what I saw in the crowd last night, I would say one of the two alternate slots is reserved for the winter classic jersey. This jersey is not avail. in game now, but I took a picture of a fan in the crowd:

Would it be safe to assume, then, that since they only have one slot, the Penguins' third will be their Winter Classic jersey, as rumored.

Does it have to be windows XP media center edition 2005 or vista home premium/ultimate to get the songs onto your playlist?

I'm not sure about the specs on that because I don't direct link to my PC. I just burn a CD with a bunch of 1-2 minute clips of whatever songs I want in the game, then I put my CD in the xbox and rip the music to the internal hard drive.

BTW, am I the only one who finds that last sentence perverted?

Has anyone figured out how to make a 2nd user profile? I was looking around for that option today but couldn't find it. There is a "load user profile" option, but never one to create a new one.

I think you need to have a second gamer tag on Xbox Live in order to load it as a second user?

Archived